“Wouldn't Even Do It For Free” 2 of 5 bubbles

TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver
“Wouldn't Even Do It For Free”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am staying here right now and am regretting every single day of it. We are here for an extended period of time and so far have not had a full cleaning. I asked for the bathroom to be cleaned and got fresh towels instead. So, unable to take it any longer, I bought cleaning supplies and am doing it myself. At least that way, I know the surfaces of this room have seen a disinfectant. If wi-fi is important to you, then you'll hate this place. It is sporadic at best and in the evening when everyone is in their room, you can forget about it. Currently we are unable to park in half of the parking lot because they are re-paving it. The lot is FULL every night, so when those poor folks come back tonight, they will be parking a 1/4 mile away on a side street. There probably isn't an optimal time to do a project like that, I just wish it wasn't while I was here. I will say the staff are very friendly but powerless to help what are obviously upper management decisions made in haste. They are also doing minor remodeling around the property and some of the hallways are littered with debris. Perhaps working on an area of the hotel where guests are not staying would be a better way to tackle that project. Oh well what do I know - I am just a paying guest. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Residence Inn. They know how to treat long term guests much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mtngirl37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I attended some business meetings in the Denver area and reserved a room at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel overbooked and I was bumped to another hotel. Normally this wouldn't have been too much of an issue. However, the hotel that they moved me to was miles away from the original hotel and in the opposite direction of the location of my meeting - even though there are tons of hotels in the DTC area. Why in the world would they send a bumped guest to a hotel so far away? Also, I was travelling with colleagues and we had all reserved rooms in the same hotel so that we could have meet at breakfast to prepare for our regular meetings, carpool, etc. I was only one of our group moved to a different hotel, which was a real hassle. In the end though, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise since my colleagues had plenty of trouble with things not working at the Towneplace Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Raul L, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

Unfortunately, due to a few unexpected stayovers, we were indeed overbooked. Our standard procedure in this event is to arrange for alternate accommodations at a nearby hotel. On this particular occasion we were unable to arrange for these alternate accommodations to be nearer to our property.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to the Denver Tech Center again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Denver was most enjoyable.
Albuquerque
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I should have checked reviews before booking! Housekeeping was minimal-- changed out the towels and emptied trash, but that was it for four days. Renovations made the gym sporadically available, and that did not please my daughter at all. Deborah, the breakfast room lady, was delightful, and the location is great. However, I won't be staying here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Go to Gal
Fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed 3 weeks in the hotel, they are doing major renovations, this means laundry room is closed, gym is closed, elevators functioning sporadically, loud noise all day.
Our water was shut of for an entire day.
Housekeeping staff do a really poor job cleaning the rooms

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Simone K
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place in the tech center area and found TownPlace Suites listed for not a lot of money. We arrived late and were greeted by the night manager. Check in was fast. Our room was on the third floor. There was remodeling in progress on the second floor, our floor had just been remodeled.
Our room was clean and comfortable. There were many welcome home touches in the room especially all the origami folding of towels on the bed and in the bathroom (we both especially liked the towels folded to look like a dress shirt and tie). There were candies in the kitchen and on the bed. With the small kitchen, there was a flat panel tv, a work desk with a pull out area, a couch and chair (we stayed in a Queen Studio room). I connected easily to the wireless Internet and I didn't have to reenter the code during the stay.
The bathroom, while just one sink didn't feel cramped and the drawers worked out well.
The breakfast isn't a buffet but has coffee, fruit, juice, cereal, bagels, muffins, and very friendly staff.
We were impressed with the hotel and staff and will stay there again next month when we come to Denver again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen. Room was very doable - clean and modernized with flat screen TV's in each room. However the room lacked basic care such as the curtains that were drawn on with a marker, sofa had a large stain, missing caulk at bathtub/floor joint, and a bed that was too soft and had a 'valley' in it, The breakfast is in the lobby and is basic continental - juice, cereal, fruit. Grounds are clean and well maintained and hotel is in a quiet area in the Tech Center yet very close to the mall. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

EXTREMELY HELPFUL staff! I had a crisis and needed my keys shipped to me while I was out traveling for work. Raul and Brett were the front desk employees that did everything they could to make sure I got my keys. They even tried shipping them same day. I got my keys the next day in a timely manner and it just shows how great their customer service is. I am staying here for 30 days and it is nice to stay with a hotel that is there for the guests.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank CaraGus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
TownePlace Suites Denver Southeast

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!