“Great hotel in Englewood, CO”

Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Hello fellow business travelers,

If you need a clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay in the Englewood, CO area, this is definitely the place to visit. Rooms are spacious, clean and the additional free breakfast (lots of choice) and dinner snacks in the evening are a nice touch. The shuttle bus drivers were also great, very courteous and on time each day. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

A Marriott Platinum member

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall

Reviewed March 17, 2012

My rooms air conditioner wasn't on, the only options were heat or warm blowing fan, not what I call pleasant on a hot day. I checked in at 2pm, the room was hot with heat on, so i immediately switched to cool and went out to return to a cool room. When I returned later that evening still was too warm in the room. I called the front desk, the maintenance guy came, but was supposedly too tired to fix it. Completely unexpected, so I called the front desk a second time and then maintenance helped fix it. As the night went on, I noticed aunts in the bathroom and in the kitchenette area, I swept away the few I saw, assuming problem solved. I woke up in the mid night to use the bathroom to find a colony of ants covering the floor, it was the nastiest id never expect in a hotel. I asked to switch rooms, but first the supervisor had to verify there really were ants, as if I was lying. With only a 3night stay why would I want the hassle to switch rooms.

Room Tip: Request the upper level rooms avoid ant infestatio
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for a weekend of scrapbooking with my girlfriends. We have done this annually in the Denver area but it was a first at this hotel. On the plus side, the room was spacious and we could easily set up our 6 foot tables for extra work room. The beds were fine and overall things were clean. The room seemed a little dated with fixtures, the tile in the bathroom was severly cracked but none of this really bothered us. What was disappointing was the breakfast. First morning they had food, but overall taste was poor. Frozen pancakes that sort of thing. The second morning we were there at 9:15 (breakfast goes until 10) and they were out of everything. Orange juice was gone, sausage was gone, coffee was out, no syrup, no more mix to make a waffle, only skim milk was available and so on. This was frustrating to us. I also had requested a room near the elevator and got one the absolute farthest away from the elevator. Not a huge deal but us scrapbooker haul a lot of stuff. I would stay here again, but there are similar hotels in the area that I would certainly look to go first if pricing was comparable. On that note - I thought our rate of $109 was great for a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Just got back from a 9-night stay at this hotel. Clean, comfortable, well maintained, and the staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are helpful, can grab a quick yogurt and go. The evening meals are very hit-and-miss, some were okay, some marginal. However that is true at home too! I loved the fireplace in my two-bedroom suite, and used it a lot. The Park Meadows Mall is a walkable distance away, using the bridge over the freeway. The mall itself is HUGE and has some great shops - I made a point to visit The Body Shop, Coldwater Creek, Chico's, and Soft Surroundings.

Room Tip: The two-room suites have a fireplace, which is wonderful on cold mornings and evenings.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I've stayed here several times now. The front desk staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are typical residence inn decor and for the most part, very clean. The breakfast and happy hour fare are great! The pool is very nice as well. The bedding is always clean and I get a good night's rest here. Also...according to bedbugregistry.com, there has never been a report of bed bugs here (can't be said for other nearby hotels)!!!! I rate this hotel only average for cleanliness because of a few things that I list here, but for the most part, it's really not bad at all. Specifically, there seems to be a few spots/stains on the carpets in all the rooms I've been in, but nothing too bad. I also noticed that a previous guest had hung a washcloth over the shower rod in one room and the cleaning person hadn't picked it up when cleaning. Also, on one visit, I was experiencing an awful sinus reaction to what I thought had been spilled cologne in the room...a very STRONG smell. It took me a couple of days, but then I noticed that one of those Glade air fresheners was plugged into an outlet. My guess is that a previous guest left it there and the cleaning person didn't pick it up when cleaning. All other rooms have smelled just fine when I've stayed here!

Room Tip: If you like to have your window open, ask for a higher floor. These are regular windows and don'...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank trufflestravels
Reviewed January 13, 2011

The people who work here are all eager to make you feel at home. The holiday rates here were excellent. The rooms are comfortable and include complete kitchens. The location is great: Lots of convenient restaurants, stores, and grocery stores just off a major street near the interstate. Just far enough off the major streets to be quiet.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Well, I made the mistake of calling the front desk for help with transportation and I called well in advance. However, the taxi never came to get me. Also, the hotel shuttle is a joke. They tell you one time on the phone but if you ask the shuttle driver, it was totally incorrect information. I was late to my business appts. 3/5 times I used front desk for help. Needless to say I starting calling my own taxi soon.

Also, this hotel is nowhere near anything in walking distance (no restraunts, stores, gas stations)........cabs take at least 30 mins to come in rush hour. DO NOT STAY HERE if you are on foot!! Furthermore, there is not one soda vending machine on site. But don't worry, they have water for 2.50 a bottle or a mini gatorade for $3! The only good thing I have to say about hotel is how friendly and helpful the non-front desk staff was!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood
TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall? Share your experiences!