“Good for business stays.”

Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Canberra, Australia
“Good for business stays.”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have spent the past 2 weeks at this hotel. No actual complaints with the hotel itself, however it is right next to the I-25 and road noise does intrude into the room. The road noise becomes very noticeable during early morning peak hours and again in the afternoon peak hour.

Nice view of the Rocky Mountains from my room but again you have to look over the I-25 to see the mountains.

The room itself is clean and comfortable, the bed is pretty average and I find it a bit on the hard side. I have a King bed room complete with a 2 seater lounge, study desk, chest of draws, bedside tables and a Panasonic flat screen LCD TV which looks to be about a 37" set. The quality of the furnishing is good. There is a small alcove housing a sink and wardrobe and there is a drip filter coffee machine located on a shelf above the sink. The bathroom has a shower over the bath and the toilet.

I found the shower water pressure to be okay but not what I would class as strong, however not once did I have the hotwater fluctuate through other guests using their showers during peak times.

Good access to the Park Meadows Mall by either using the Hotel shuttle or your own car or by using the freeway footbridge overpass which brings you to the mall car park and to the light rail station which provides access into the Denver downtown area.

The hotel has a breakfast buffet which is currently costing $11.95 for adults and I have used it most days. The quality of the food I have found to be very good as is the wait staff service.

Overall it has been a reasonably pleasant stay, the only issues have been the road noise and because the floors are not solid I did experience quite loud footsteps occasionally from the room above mine.

The hotel offers a 24 hour Gym which is only small but has a good array of machines and a wall mounted TV. There are also a small indoor pool and a separate spa in the same room as the pool.

There is a guest laundry with one washing machine and one dryer, it cost a $1 for a wash cycle and it will cost $2 for two dry cycles as the washer is a bit on the old and tired side, it doesn't do a good job with the spin cycle hence you need to do a couple of cycles in the dryer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PaulKarl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

very busy hotel, rooms are outdated. waiter at the bar provided great service

1 Thank brooklintravel
New York, NY
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is a perfectly average Courtyard. That is to say, it is everything I would expect in terms of a budget-priced business class hotel (I have stayed at many Courtyards). The location is convenient for local businesses and if you're shopping at the nearby mall, but there is absolutely nothing else in the immediate area (i.e. you can't even take a long walk to find a local business - you must drive).

That I refer to this property as average is not a bad thing. Aside from the fact that the pool is ridiculously small (great for families with small kids but not much else), it is everything a Courtyard promises to be. The one exception - and what elevated it to 4 stars in my estimation - is the bed. I had a king-bedded room and it was perhaps one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. Kudos to whomever selected them!

1 Thank grobma
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times, most recently in mid March. All of my visits have been for business trips.

Rates at the hotel are reasonable, especially when compared with the Inverness up the road. The location is good, very close to I-25, shopping and lots of restaurants of all price ranges.

The rooms at the hotel are spacious. The king rooms have a full-size sofa and plenty of workspace. Wireless internet is complimentary and fast enough to support VPNs. Also a nice touch, there are plenty of outlets for power cords.

My only complaint about the rooms is the bathroom. Clearly, this is an older hotel (you can tell by the bathroom design. The bathrooms are spacious, but dated. Also, the water pressure in my room was less than I prefer.

The check-in process is easy and efficient and the front-desk staff friendly and helpful.

Overall, a good business hotel.

Room Tip: Most of the parking is to the south of the building; as for a room near that end of the hotel otherw...
1 Thank GoldenBear_Husker
Boston
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Pretty good hotel. I travel a lot for business and this hotel is fine.
Beds have good mattresses which i appreciate after all the bad mattresses I've had to sleep on in the UK.Flat screen TV which is expected these days. pretty clean.
Fine hotel for business travel.

Southlake
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This hotel caters to a local business and is always very crowded. The common areas are crowded ,especially the exercise room. Located next to the freeway- it may be convenient to access, but the freeway traffic reverberates . I won't return,as there are plenty of options in the vicinity

Room Tip: no good options to eleminate the freeway noise
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a quick recent trip to Denver, and found it to be a very pleasant hotel.

It is very conveniently located, right off the freeway, easy to find, and within easy walking distance of the RTD (Denver Light Rail) stop. Even without a car, you can quickly walk to the nearby Park Meadows shopping center, which has a myriad of restaurant and entertainment options.

The staff were friendly and helpful whenever we needed something, and the rooms are nice. The pool area indoors was nice - a little small, but the whole time we were there we never saw anyone else in it, so being small wasn't a negative. We tried the hot tub one night but didn't think it was very "hot", so we ended up getting out after just 10-15 minutes.

A couple of reasons I only gave this hotel a 4 instead of a 5:

There is a small "marketplace" where you can get food kind of like a convenience store, but I found out it is extremely overpriced - a regular size Snickers bar was $2, and after buying that I didn't dare purchase anything else for fear of how much it would set me back.

I thought the bed was kind of hard - when I woke up in the morning I was pretty stiff, which only happens when I sleep on a hard bed. I slept better the second night, but I think that's because I was really tired so even a hard bed couldn't keep me from sleeping.

The vanity area in the bathroom (where the sink/mirror are located) was small, with very little counter space. As a female, I have lots of things to keep on the bathroom counter, so having limited counter space is a small annoyance.

Overall though, the convenience of the hotel and the friendly staff and clean rooms were enough to earn a "Very Good" rating.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood

Been to Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall? Share your experiences!