“Great food in an unassuming location”
Review of The Copper Pot

The Copper Pot
Ranked #19 of 184 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My parents were in town this week, and my sister made reservations at The Copper Pot (there is a 2nd location just a few miles from this one). I'd never been here or heard of it, but the local reviews were mostly very positive so I was looking forward to it.

Even after anticipating a good meal, I was still surprised by the quality and portion sizes of our appetizers & meals. I had a half-marinara, half-alfredo pasta dish, and both sides were equally tasty. Both the onion ring appetizer and the spinach/artichoke dip were delicious. My sister ordered a Boca burger and was pleasantly surprised that they doubled up on the patties even though the menu doesn't tell you this. And I can only assume that everyone else enjoyed their food because the dinner table was mostly silent until we finally left with full bellies.

I recommend this for:

Individuals in need of large quantities of very good homemade food

I do NOT recommend this for:

Romantic dates (you will not feel very romantic when they have to wheel you out after you polish off your plate)

Anyone on a diet

The only real negative I can give is that the place has no atmosphere. It's just a box with some tables & seats. If they could get a designer in there to match the ambiance to the food, it would be just perfect.

There are newer reviews for The Copper Pot

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Food was very good, large variety. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming from the moment you walk in the door. The service was perfect. This is a great place for family, friends, co-workers. It is not very visible but right across from Swedish Hospital. Parking can be a little chore during lunch but clears out after that.
We have been back a few times since and they remember us each time. The owner was our server twice and she was so great with our kids! She went above and beyond. I tell everyone about this place!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

the food, the service is awesome!! Amazing menu that leaves you wanting to try everything!