“Highly recommend, personal, professional,helpfull staff, all around beautifull hotel.”

Ramada Englewood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I have been around the country, stayed in many hotels, this is the best i have stayed in, the price was extremely reasonable. The staff was exceptional from the moment we walked through the doors. Small little "convinience store" with little odds and ends snacks,asprin ect. a businees center computers for the travlers, free breakfast buffet, night bar and restraunt, room service, gym, indoor pool, library,confrence room, and a couple living room areas on the bottom floor, guest laundry services.All for under $70.00 a night. The rooms were very clean, the beds were so comfortable i wanted to bring one home with me. We extended our stay with this hotel it was an extra night. There is everything you could want in a hotel and surrounding areas, a very clean area, walmart restraunts and coffe shops within a 2 mile area. I will continue to stay at this hotel whenever we take a trip to denver. We live 250 miles away so we travel to denver 3-4 times yearly. I will not stay anywhere else. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to travel around that area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lorimurray34

Reviewed January 5, 2011

My sweetheart and I had a night stay at the Ramada on January 2nd, 2011. I awoke at 7:00 and discovered bedbugs in the sheets. I called the front desk for help and was told the manager would be the only one who could assist, and she (Erika) would not be in until after 9:00....2 hours... I asked if they could do our laundry so I would not take the bugs with me, and was told it was against the law for them to do my laundry. I brought a blood-gorged bug to the front desk and showed two staff the insect. They confirmed bedbug. I again asked to have my laundry done to avoid taking Ramada bedbugs home and I asked to have our night stay refunded. I was given the phone number of a person named "George," apparently the owner, and he refused to take my call.

I had to wait until after 9:00 to get any action. Erika demanded to see the bites on my girlfriend and enter the room. We obliged. Erika argued that her front desk manager was timid after being yelled at by a customer....and she kept talking about going into the room..talking, talking, talking.....never listening to our simple request: "Please wash our clothes, and refund the nights stay." She finally gave in to wash our laundry, and after arguing with her that we should not have to pay for our experience, she said she would only give us a voucher for that Ramada. We told her we would not want to return to her Ramada after our experience, but would return to any other.... She refused to consider a refund. We left after 11:00 (finally). She will not return phone calls. She and other staff saw the bugs, but were more concerned about the room than taking care of us customers.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HockeyLover1960
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I phoned in my reservation the day before and was told "no problem" for availability. On entering, I was forced to "ring the bell" to check in. The elevator (the one that works) is a 5 to 7 minute wait. My room's lights were broken and dim. The window was open on the 4th floor and the Television remote control is inoperative. The front desk was/is rude and unresponsive. The parking lot is empty, so it may be that in fact I received one of the better rooms "available" OR it might be that I was not wearing enough "jewelry" as a man.
I average about 250 nights a year in hotels and this is one of the memorably poorest hotels.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank traveler52488
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We stayed for 11 nights and will not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone. Other than one employee, they were rude. If we asked questions, they'd respond with a curt response, in a hurry to get back to their facebook page or to gossip with each other.

Apparently the hotel staff lives on the top floor?

The breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. There is only 1 worker and he worked very hard. However, it was too much for just one person. We often had to wait for him to do dishes to have clean plates or forks. The mile that was put out was expired by several days. You had to clean your own tables each morning... and so on. This could be avoided if they'd add additional staff.

My husband had to call the police to come out one night becuase we smelled, very clearly, weed coming from a room on a floor that was non smoking. We say the police out there probably 2 other times for unrelated things.

The bed was very comfortable. The lock on teh door had been busted off. Flies kept getting into our room. The cleaning staff only left new soap and shampoo once during our entire stay.

Do not use their laundry facilities. There are only 2 washer/ dryers and it's so gross down there. Water all over the floor and unclean.

I did not feel comfortable staying at this hotel without my husband around. There are several other hotels in the area - stay elsewhere!!! Try the Wingate. We've stayed there & it's super nice. That is where we'll stay moving forward.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Superwoman21
Reviewed October 8, 2010

clean room great vaule. i would stay again. the pool was clean and i enjoyed spending time with friends in my room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Our stay is extended and we really appreciate the low weekly rate we were offered. If it weren't for the reduced rate, we would not have stayed longer than a few days.
THE GOOD: rooms are pretty decent, beds are comfy and large and our room had a separate bedroom (great when you're travelling with kids.) Our two kids didn't mind sleeping on the sofa bed so it worked fine. The room also had a little kitchen area with a mini fridge, microwave, tiny sink, two cupboards and a small counter with two barstools. The tv is older but works (but no tv guide) the ac works, the windows are large and sunny (but kinda dirty) and the room in general shows a somewhat recent remodel.
THE BAD - The "high speed" internet worked VERY rarely and when it did was either super slow (like 5 minutes to load a page) or intermittent - meaning you'd have internet one minute and nothing the next. We are home and job hunting and internet is a necessity so we had to go elsewhere to find free WiFi like Borders bookstore, the library, Starbucks, etc. NOT convenient. The hotel discounted our room price slightly for this, which is the least they could do.
The staff basically run the place like a bunch of high schoolers. They do not know the first thing about running a hotel. The housekeeping staff are nice but most speak no english. The men who run breakfast HATE their jobs and it shows. One even said this to us. (!) There was a full alert fire alarm (when alarm rings nonstop) with NO notice. They freaked us all out, had us running for our lives down the stairs in a panic and then we find out it was just a test. No apology, just giggles (high school style) and saying they were startled too. We asked why they didn't post notices to warn their guests and they said they knocked on doors the day before. So only those who were in their rooms when they happened to knock got the heads up? Um, that's quite a tall tale and we didn't buy it. We were comped for the night (VERY ungraciously) after we asked for some form of compensation for the unacceptable incident.
A few nights later at 1am, the room next to ours was busted into by the police. We woke to a very angry police officer yelling at the top of his lungs. They got their man or whoever was in there. We were going to ask about it, but decided not to find out. Ignorance is bliss. (But I don't think that's a regular occurence here, though.)
It's a non smoking hotel, but we smell smoke regularly in the halls and it seeps through the walls. The mgr does nothing about it. The pool is greenish we recommend full avoidance of it; i.e. NEVER swim in it. The elevators "jump" when you get in them and now one is "out of order". They also have a strange odor like WD40 or something all the time. The gym room smells strange, too and only half the machines work after the power outage a few days ago.
The front desk is often empty and later in the evening the bar tender "fills in" for the front desk clerk.
All in all, this COULD be a very nice hotel but someone somewhere has dropped the ball and let a bunch of derilicts operate it. So if you don't mind those things, the hotel is manageable.
THE UNCLEAN - The breakfast room is gross. It is NOT cleaned regularly. The first week we were here the tablecloths were NEVER changed. We recognized food spills from days before. We spoke to the mgr and she basically did nothing about it. The floor is disgusting and looks like it's not seen a mop all year. There is outdoor seating where a dead bird has been laying unattended for three weeks. These conditions made my family and I question the safety and hygeine of the staff who operate the kitchen. They do NOT smile, they look miserable and the don't seem to care about doing a good job. Even if they don't like their job, they could at least be the best at whatever they do. I have been so tempted to call a staff meeting and make everything right, but obviously I can't. But I do think the board of health should take a look around...

So bottom line is - if your stay is short, you should be fine. (Just watch out at breakfast and choose your foods c a r e f u l l y. Breakfast is free by the way. Just walk in. For some reason they tell some people they have to bring in these little pieces of paper and all that, but you don't have to. We were told the hotel is going through a transformation from being bought by Ramada and things are a little mixed up. And when we checked in, we were told breakfast is free.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank moonlight_serenade
Reviewed September 15, 2010

First of all, this is a beautiful hotel. Booked through Hotwire or Travelocity. The room was lovely, the bed enourmous and comfortable. Lots of little things wrong with visit.

First, there was a power outage when I arrived. They put me in a room on the first floor, it was sitll light out, so it was ok. Room was cool enough and power came back on fairly quickly.

After the power came back up, Wifi never worked properly. Very annoying because I am job hunting and need to be sending out resumes all the time. Told connection fine in business center, but I needed to be sending out my files. Couldn't believe that in a town the size of Denver, couldn't get Wifi fixed after 5:00 pm. Hope they chage their server.

Lots of little things would improve the experience. Listed as having a restaurant, just had breakfast. There was a bar. No guide in room, no menus for takeout, lists of local restaurants, no hours for pool or fitness center, no times for breakfast, no channel guide, no info on check out time or where to get ice. Had to call to desk for any question.

Breakfast included many hot selections and some nice pastries.

Hotel not particularly easy to find.

Whole Denver Tech Center has an oddly deserted feeling, seems to be hit hard by recession. Passed many office parks with only a few cars parked in them at midday.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center

Been to Ramada Englewood Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!