“Review”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
ZIONSVILLE
“Review”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The room was clean and large enough but the refridgerator was so loud that I had to turn the temp up so that the compressor would run less so that I could hear the TV and also sleep. Much of the food at the free breakfast was not edible including the scrambled eggs and sausage gravy. They had no bacon. The automatic waffle maker did not always cook the center of the waffle. There was no decaffienated coffee (even instant) so I never had a cup of coffee during any of my stay. Also, no restaurant on premises so had to drive a significant distance to get meals other than breakfast. Will never stay here again. Will likely never stay at any Ramada again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for three nights. I want to first off say that the staff we met was great, but the rest of the hotel was very run down.

From the moment you walk in you can just tell it is an old hotel that no one has put money into, besides some fresh paint. It smells like a smoking convention was just there. The wood in the entryway is rotted out, the carpet in the elevators are terrible, the bathroom showers are not great and missing their drain plugs, the weight room is missing weights, the pool is very cold and there is no hot tub. The TV in the first room had poor reception and was only about 20" is size. We switched rooms so we could order some pay per view and it was a better tv but you couldn't order pay per view on it! Very frustrating. Also, we could not seem to lock the patio door and the A/C Heater unit did not work right as it cycled every few minutes no matter what temp you set it at.

Make sure if you book here, you shop around for price and make sure you get free breakfast included. They do serve a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the top floor, although do not expect a view no matter where you are located. The top...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Morrill, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked this hotel online through hotels.com. The pictures made the property look very nice and for the price I figured it looked good enough so lets book it. It's a bit out of the way and sits in an odd location. The lobby is very nice and the snack store and business center were nice. There is a strange smell on the way to the elevators that I cannot quite pinpoint. The rooms look nicer online than they are in real life. We reserved a room with two Queen beds, one of which was broken (maintenence did come and fix it). There were long back hairs on the countertop, floor and counter where the coffee pot was. The floor didnt appear to be vaccummed and I found a hair/lint ball in my bed. Our room was not cleaned and we left at 7:45 in the morning and did not return until 5:00 pm so we had to ask for more towels. The beds are very comfortable though and the pillows are lovely. The breakfast wasnt to bad, there was a large selection. Not sure if I would stay again, but it worked for what we needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Not the Worlds best Hotel, but hey I got this for around 50 bucks, room and bathroom clean, breakfast more than adequate, foyer area a little dated as were the lifts, carpets etc, but if you want cheap and cheerful it aint that bad, even got a free shuttle the next morning to my conference!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I travel frequently and have to say this is the worst place I've ever stayed. AC was broken in the room, seven hours later had us cha nge rooms. The on duty person for September 6 night was angry and vulgar. The morning duty person was indifferent and dismissive after informing her of all the trash outside. This whole staff does not possess ANY hospitality skills, with the only exception being the illegal immigrant breakfast bar cool. I will never stay at another Ramada of any kind as a result of this stay. Building smells too. ZERO star rating.

• Stayed September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I booked through hotwire for a fun night with my cousin and her kids. We wanted a 3-star hotel with a pool and free breakfast. We got an acceptable rate for a Saturday night in a 3 star hotel, and after looking at the hotel online I was impressed with what I saw. I called to make sure the room was a nonsmoking double room before our check in, but they informed me that the only room they had was a smoking king room. I was not concerned with the king room but I definitely did not want a smoking room with 2 small children. We checked in on the hope that they would switch us if a cancellation arose, and hoping the room would not smell that bad. However it did smell and the smoke alarm was hanging from a wire on the ceiling, which was not safe being in a smoking room. The other list of my issues with this room was that the pool was green, cloudy, and freezing cold in August; the air conditioning would switch from blowing hot air to cold air at the coldest setting; the mini fridge was broken so they put a full size refridgerator in the middle of the room; there were holes and cracks in the furniture; the hot water was luke warm; the fitness room smelled like manuer; and to top it off i received poor customer service when trying to deal with these issues. I am more disappointed with hotwire for listing this room as a 3 star when its not. I am unhappy and did not get what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newton
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had reservations at this hotel for a 1 bedroom suite that were made almost 8 months in advance. We arrived late in the evening and were told that they had overbooked the hotel and had a contract with someone else for rooms and we would have to go stay at a sister property 2 miles away. We ended up thinking we were staying this Ramada Inn in a 1 bedroom suite but had to stay at a Days Inn in a Non-suite room with 2 double beds with minimal reduction in price. From the brief look we got of the Ramada it looked really nice but unfortunately did not get to experience it. So, be weary as they don't honor reservations.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Ce...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Ramada Englewood Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!