“Don't waste your money”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed July 23, 2005

I had reserved several months in advance a room through Choice Hotels, of which Quality Suites is a member. The room was advertised to be a 2Q with a sofa bed suite. I had a printed confirmation with me at the arrival showing the above-mentioned suite. Upon our arrival, we were given a non-suite room, not the one shown in a photograph at the Choice Hotels site, and definitely not the one I had reserved. I immediately told the desk clerk of this problem and she told me that the best I could do would be a 1 King suite which she showed to me. Before I could discuss the switch with my wife, our phone rang. The desk clerk said that the room I had just been shown was not available. "It was reserved, and no other room or suite was available since the hotel was sold out." We were stuck in the room, which we had not requested. Shortly thereafter, we noticed that the airconditioning was not working. We called the manager but was told that was the way it worked....cycling off and on every few minutes, with the compressor only working for a few seconds. We all had a terrible time sleeping! DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING CHEATED AND UNCOMFORTABLE!

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Seminole, FL
Reviewed July 1, 2005

I booked a room at Quality Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center on 5/28/05 for a one night stay on 6/27/05. I reserved a 2Q/1 sofa bed room via Travelocity and was confirmed for my room. Upon arrival at the hotel, we discovered that the room we were given was a 1K/1 sofa bed room. We asked to be moved to the room we reserved and were told by the front desk that they were full and did not have any rooms like the one I reserved available. When I inquired as to how I could have been confirmed for a room one MONTH in advance only to arrive and find out the room is not available, I was told by the front desk manager that because I had reserved my room through Travelocity, I was "bumped" to the lowest tier and received whatever room they had available upon check-in. To make matters worse, after running our A/C for 2.5 hours, the room was still humid and hot. When I called the front desk I was told that the maintencance person had left for the day (4:00 p.m. on Monday) and probably would have it fixed by the next day -- we were only staying the night! When I pressed the front desk about their "100% Satisfaction Guarantee or you stay free" card that was in the room -- again I was informed that becuase I made my reservation via Travelocity, they would not honor their own guarntee (mind you, there were NO asterisks, NO fineprint, and NO disclaimeers on thier guarantee card whatsoever!). After a couple of hours of the WORST customer service I have ever experienced from a hotel staff, my family left and found a very accomodating Woodfield Suites one mile North of Quality Inn.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank Mason6
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 8, 2004

This hotel was very good. I stayed here with my friend and we had a room on the first floor. This is an all suite hotel so we had two rooms. The rooms were very spacious and clean. There were 2 tv's in our room both with one remote...but it was ok. The bed was so comfortable and warm. There was enough space and the couch was very nice too. The receptionist that was there was very nice and helpful throughout our stay. We swam in the pool and hot tub, which is open until midnight. I think that this is one of the best areas that there could be in Denver. Very modern and clean. Very easy to find the hotel from the interstate, and really close to I-25 so traveling around Denver and to Colorado Springs or anywhere is not a long drive. Albertson's grocery store really close along with a nice mini-mall area for anything you need. I would reccommend this for anyone who comes to Denver, families and tourists. Very good prices too!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member