“Not quite hell, more like purgatory”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
“Not quite hell, more like purgatory”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm sure it wouldn't have been so bad had I not been located right next to the main office.

Pros: cheap, kitchen, location
Cons: noisy, dirty silverware, couch smelled like smoke(in a no smoking room), room I booked wasn't available on arrival, bad parking, annoying neighbors, starchy towels

So, I had to listen to either filing cabinets or the dresser drawers get opened and closed over and over again until close to 3 in the morning. The mattress was like sleeping on fabric covered springs. The towels were like sandpaper.
I'm not even sure I would recommend this place to spring breakers, and definitely not to anyone that needs to get up and work.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Redquill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was please with this hotel. I always enjoy me some bargain hotels and this one was one of the most recent ones I have stayed at.
It is located in the commercial/business area of south Denver known as the Tech Center. Things are clean, safe, and if anything, a bit sterile in that part of the city.
The hotel is set up like a motel. A small front office detached from the rest of the complex.
The hotel associate was friendly and did her job sufficiently.
There are only two floors to the complex. So you'll either be on the ground floor or top floor. Parking seemed plentiful and free.
The rooms themselves are a decent size and set up nicely. Probably set up best for a single person but two people will be just fine. A small table/nook for eating. A kitchen area with full size fridge and dishwasher. Stove. Utensils and lots of cupboards to put things.
Flat screen TV. Acceptable beds. A few chairs.
I felt safe and secure. The heating element worked well.
Apparently there is a breakfast in the morning but it is of the most simple kind.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aaroncolorado
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to your stay and your experience are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that service was not rated as high. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are committed to providing excellent customer service. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at inv@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite but the bedroom door had been removed so the separate bedroom was of no value. Floors were very dirty and the smell was awful. Booked for 3 days but moved out the next day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not informed of the missing bedroom door as it was removed due to damage. As well, I apologize that your room was unclean upon arrival. In response to your feedback, I am working with our staff to revamp our cleaning procedures and reviewing our communications at check-in with them so that our guests are aware of what we offer moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at inv@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our room was very nice. It was clean. I liked the laminate hardwood floors. The bathroom was clean. Chance at the front desk tried to get me a refund for the second night even though we booked through Priceline as we could not stay another night. We had to go back to the Springs.
Not Nice: The first person I spoke to in the evening on the day I made the reservation told me to call back the next morning. I was calling from Florida.
The next day I spoke to David and advised him that I needed a room with 2 beds as there would be myself, my adult daughter, my minor son and an infant all traveling from Florida for my mother's funeral. He advised it would be no problem to switch rooms and behaved as though he had already done it. He NEVER mentioned an additional charge to change rooms. He seemed very pleasant on the phone.
When we arrived there 3 hours before the service the woman at the front desk stated, "Queen bed single." I told her I had spoken to David and I had a room with 2 beds. She stated two beds was an upgrade and it would be an additional $10. I told her I was never told that, but she would not listen to me at all. I am a single mother, in Colorado for a funeral and she was deaf to any of my pleas. I had no choice but to pay the $10 as I did not want to be late for the service. She put us on the second floor. Hauling a child, a baby and all our stuff up the stairs. The trash under the stairs was overflowing when we arrived....and overflowing when we left. When we got back from the service there was a police car with lights on in the parking lot, blocking the lot. We could not park close to our room.
I probably would not stay here again unless I had too.
BEWARE OF ADDITIONAL CHARGES. They are not told to you until you check in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank islandgirl0719
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your visit to the Denver area was to attend a funeral and in addition to that stress you had to deal with room type changes. Please understand that when you go through a third party company for reservations, you have paid that provider already and although we can accommodate changes to dates and times we do not have the ability or access to your credit card information to refund any money due back to you. We encourage guest to contact them directly to ensure any money due back to you goes through them. In response to your feedback, I am reinforcing training with all my staff so that they can better explain this practice to guests so that we can help make any changes or cancellations on dates. In regards to the room type changes there is usually no issue changing your room type but it does at time incur additional fees. I see that although you were charged the upgrade fee it was only for the one night and not both nights since you were not informed of the fee during your original call. I again will emphasis this with all my staff so that guests are aware of the fees when requesting any room charges.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that I can improve my training of staff to ensure guests are aware we do not want to have hidden fees but we do charge additional fees for upgraded room types and pets or additional people as all hotel chains. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at inv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in! The smell was so bad, I could not breathe, the air conditioner did not work, the bed had previously used sheets, the tiny coffe pot was filthy, burnt coffee all over it. Worst night of my life!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Pam H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Pam - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that you found the hotel to have a bad odor and for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am working directly with our housekeeping staff to ensure your situation is not repeated in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at inv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
London
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in May 2013 for five days for a family gathering nearby. We paid slightly more for the club floor and it was excellent.

We had a huge room with a separate living area and our own balcony. The bed was super comfortable. There is a free daily breakfast and early evening drinks/snacks in the club room.

The hotel has a free shuttle anywhere within 5 miles and we used it several times. It was a brilliant service.

Every member if staff we came across was really friendly and helpful.

Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Larkspur, Colorado
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We booked this property for seven days, The hotel has a nice set up with friendly staff and clean rooms. During our stay, we interacted with the front desk, housekeeping, management and the porter. Everyone has been very pleasant. The manager, Anthony, always greets us with a smile and appears professional at all times. Dana and Tanecia at the front desk are also very nice and helpful. We have enjoyed this stay and will be extending our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us especially knowing that we provided a great home away from home for you. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We are definitely looking forward to your next visit to Denver.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center
Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Greenwood Village
Extended Stay America - Denver -...
#11 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites: Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness

Property: Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness
Address: 9650 E Geddes Ave, Englewood, CO 80112-3685 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Colorado > Englewood
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center South - Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Englewood