We stayed here for 3 nights to visit a friend and go to the Colorado Renaissance Faire and it was a very good home base. This is on the south side of Denver about fifteen minutes out of downtown. There's not a lot around it. There is the La Hacienda restaurant in the parking lot and a Pan Asia Bistro that looked to be in walking distance. We tried the La Hacienda and it was great. There is a desparate lack of breakfast places. We drove quite a way to find a Village Inn to the south but later realized that there is an IHOP an exit or two to the north up 25. There is a beautiful walking park in the tech center and a golf course across the street but I couldn't tell if just anyone could play there.
The hotel itself showed a few signs of wear and tear - a water stain on the wall and one of the two soap dishes in the shower was broken - but it really wasn't an issue or indicative of any kind of complacency on the part of the hotel. The staff was very friendly, the housekeeping was excellent and unobtrusive. The lobby is very pretty and the bar area is conducive to meeting new people in a relaxed atmosphere while joking with the inexperienced bartender. One group brought in their own beer and he happily stored and dispensed it for them. Everything was very casual and very nice.
We had trouble with the A/C on the last night, trying to get it to be cool enough in the room to sleep under the covers and we had to turn the tv up quite bit to hear it over the A/C. We've had these problems at other places though so its not unique or out of the ordinary. My husband had noticed that the hotel had a stiff fine for making too much noise so it concerned me more here than in other places.
Regardless, I would recommend this place heartily to anyone looking for a room in Denver. Use a GPS or get directions to get there because it is not the easiest hotel to get to even though it is right off of I-25. Once there, however, there is very easy access to I-25 and that will take you straight into Denver and back to DIA (north, then 225 east) without tolls which are considerable (at least on E-470).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn South Denver hotel features the perfect location for business or leisure travel just 15 minutes from downtown Denver. Take the free shuttle to both, the Denver Tech Center or shopping or the Park Meadows Mall. Enjoy the upscale onsite dining at the Garden Grille & Bar and Pavilion Lounge. And catch the light rail from the station, steps from the hotel and be at the game, concert or shopping and downtown dining with none of the stresses of parking or finding your way. Indoor pool with hot tub and fitness center to keep your exercise regimen going. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi and a 24 hour business center. Free shuttle service available to the Denver attractions and events within five miles from hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver South/Meridian Hotel Englewood
- Hilton Garden Inn Englewood
- Englewood Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Englewood