This is a new hotel just off I-25 south of Denver. My nightmare stay started just after we arrived. Receptionist was nice and checked us in quickly. I was told I had to use the rear entrance for my room. When I got o the back door I was shocked to find my keys didn't work in the door! So I left my wife there with our stuff and walked around and asked for new keys. I was told my keys are just fine! They work just fine! By the attendant. When I persisted she decided they had a "dirty door lock". I've stayed in hotels for years and that's the first time I heard that excuse! A Maintanceman man worked on their back door lock and he held the door for us so we could bring in our stuff. We ate dinner in the restaurant. There were only two other single tables there and some people in the bar area. There was only one bartender also serving as the waiter. Service was very very slow. We had totally finished an appetizer brought out to us by the kitchen staff before we were able to get the bartenders attention to finally take our order. Our two salads took 20 minutes to arrive. The chicken was so dry, tasted like it was microwave cooked only. It was impossible to get the bartenders attention from where we were sitting so our drink glasses were always empty. The next morning we found out that the thin walls made it so every other persons wake up call or alarm would wake us up also. I really hate the person next to us with his three wake up calls every ten minutes at 4am! 4:10am and 4:20am! We might as well have had ours one ringing it was so loud! Then what do you know in the morning the back door lock was "dirty" again and my room key wouldn't open the door! I loaded out through the front, I was tired of their games. I don't know if they treat all their customers like this or if I got bad service because I booked the room through a discount travel site, but I will NEVER stay here again and I warn all others that this is a bad hotel! There are numerous other nearby hotels, pick one of them instead if you have a choice! PS: they make you sleep on a air filled mattress, very uncomfortable for me. I was told they don't have any normal mattresses. If I want to sleep on an air mattress I will go camping!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn South Denver hotel features the perfect location for business or leisure travel just 15 minutes from downtown Denver. Take the free shuttle to both, the Denver Tech Center or shopping or the Park Meadows Mall. Enjoy the upscale onsite dining at the Garden Grille & Bar and Pavilion Lounge. And catch the light rail from the station, steps from the hotel and be at the game, concert or shopping and downtown dining with none of the stresses of parking or finding your way. Indoor pool with hot tub and fitness center to keep your exercise regimen going. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi and a 24 hour business center. Free shuttle service available to the Denver attractions and events within five miles from hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver South/Meridian Hotel Englewood
- Hilton Garden Inn Englewood
- Englewood Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Englewood