My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights and I would have to say that they are mediocre, at best, and content to stay that way.
To start with, the bathroom was not fully clean. There were toothpaste splatters on the picture above the toilet, for one thing. As a housekeeper how do you miss that?? It was, literally, the first thing I saw when I walked in! Also there was mold in the shower and the caulking all around the bottom was split and coming loose from the tub, which is a HUGE mold creator, as the water then gets inside the wall! There was thick dust in many spots in the bathroom and throughout the room. Gross. The tub did not drain properly and we were forced to bathe our feet/legs in used water. Ick! I was never able to get the water above warm, even cranked all the way over, so I never got to take a hot shower while there. When we got into our room we had a wet spot on the carpet that I stepped in with my socks; very unpleasant! I shudder to imagine what it might have been. Our room also had a HORRIBLE smell when we walked in; fortunately, it went away after I had the window open for about an hour. On our second day in the room, the cleaning staff did a terrible job cleaning up and missed all kinds of things; it was just sloppy and lazy and someone left their half-drunk bottle of water in our room.
Outside the room, the elevators were slow and filthy. The hallway carpets were obviously dirty. The entire hotel reeked of chlorine. The swimming pool was freezing cold and quite small and there was rust all over every metal surface in the pool room. They also never had the pool room stocked with towels for the swimmers. Poor, poor management all around!
Also, I checked reviews before booking here and I have to laugh at how mesmerized and impressed most people are by the free Grandma's cookies and the donkey made from hand towels. Apparently, one package of cheap cookies and a terry cloth farm animal is all it takes to win most people over. They don't even leave the cheap cookies again if you stay more than one night. And they only leave it on one bed, so if there's more than one person staying in the room, there just might have to be a death match to figure out who gets it. Then of course there'd be no one to fully clean it up!
The cherry on top was when we checked out. The GM at the desk asked how everything was and I mentioned a couple of things I was unhappy about. She then offered to "make it up to us" by comp'ing our dinner from the previous night. The only problem with that is that we hadn't had dinner there the previous night and all her offer did was expose yet another problem with this hotel. So, she proceeded to "comp" us someone else's dinner and that was it. She never even attempted to do anything else to "make up" for our unpleasant stay. There are far too many hotels to even bother with one so substandard. I would NEVER stay here again and will tell as many people as possible.
To be fair, even though the beds do not initially feel as if they'd be comfortable, they were, in actuality, very much so. Sadly, you cannot jump on them, however, as they are spring-free. One other positive point was the fact that when we were checked in we were told about the hold charge that they place on your credit card, in case of any incidental charges. I already knew, but it's good this hotel warns you ahead of time, for anyone who might be unaware. (However, the lady at the desk made it very clear when I commented on it that it was for her own benefit, rather than for the customers'. She talked a lot about how it simplified her life and saved her from getting yelled at as much. Wah.) Also, the hold was removed the next day. I've stayed in places where it took days for them to remove the hold and that's just plain RIDICULOUS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn South Denver hotel features the perfect location for business or leisure travel just 15 minutes from downtown Denver. Take the free shuttle to both, the Denver Tech Center or shopping or the Park Meadows Mall. Enjoy the upscale onsite dining at the Garden Grille & Bar and Pavilion Lounge. And catch the light rail from the station, steps from the hotel and be at the game, concert or shopping and downtown dining with none of the stresses of parking or finding your way. Indoor pool with hot tub and fitness center to keep your exercise regimen going. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi and a 24 hour business center. Free shuttle service available to the Denver attractions and events within five miles from hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver South/Meridian Hotel Englewood
- Hilton Garden Inn Englewood
- Englewood Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Englewood