“Good Solid Business Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was satisfied enough to book again for my upcoming trip in a few weeks. Front desk was friendly, the breakfasts were good. Typical HGI, and that's why I look for them. Room service, however, needs improvement: one night my pizza had the wrong toppings and the next night they lost my order and I had to call when it didn't arrive.

Room Tip: I always like the higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ReneeWriedt, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with room service have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was in the area for an extended stay and could not have picked a better hotel! The staff was so very nice and accomodating! I didnt have a car and the fact that they provided a shuttle to and from appointments and shopping was very important. Alonzo, and the rest of the drivers, were so helpful to suggest places to eat and didnt hesitate to run me to Target, just to grab a few essentials, or to the movies a couple of days. Everyone i dealt with was so friendly and, being a lady traveling alone, it was nice to know that i had new "friends" to look out for me.
The hot breakfast was well done. Made to order omelettes and fresh made salsa. Yum! The burger and chicken sandwich were good for lunch and dinner. Very friendly wait staff!
All in all, i could not have asked for a better experience! Thank you Alonzo, Andrew, Katie and Jeremy! We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kygirl1104
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here over a weekend partly for a conference, partly to shop and enjoy. This is a beautiful property with pool, spa, and fun bar and restaurant area off the lobby, that is not only convenient, but the food is tasty as well. Make sure you ask for directions as this hotel, though right next to I-25 South, is in the middle of a business park. At night, it's a bit difficult to follow the winding road through the park to the hotel. Once you see it in daylight, it is easy access to I-25 from the hotel. Beds are adjustable firmness, rooms have microwave, fridges, cookies, water, coffee, and tea. Bathrooms are nicely equipped with Bath and Body Works amenities and great fluffy towels. Our room was very quiet, probably because their occupancy rate is much lower on the weekends, also the rate is a great deal on weekends. The staff at the desk, restaurant and bar were all cheerful and attentive. This is going to be our new getaway weekend hotel. Very close to Park Meadows area, and quick access north and east via E 470 North tollway. Parking is plentiful, close to doors, and well-lit. No negatives at all.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing west look toward mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here overnight on a return from a ski trip. I chose this property for its location that made it easy to get out of Denver in the morning, and for the bed & breakfast rate that was offered. Check-in was very fast, and the room was very clean, as is typical of HGI properties. The room was a little on the small side but still adequate. Service at breakfast was excellent, and the made-to-order omelettes were excellent!

The one problem that I experienced, and what kept me from giving this property a 5 star rating, was the fact that when I went to use the hot tub, I was greeted by a pool and hot tub that were both completely drained for maintenance. There was no signage indicating this on the door to the pool area, or at the front desk. I brought this up at check-out, and the clerk apologized, said the sign had been on the front desk when he left the morning before, and credited my Hhonors account an additional 5,000 points for the inconvenience. I was certainly satisfied with the way he handled the situation.

Overall, a good place to stay if you are in this part of Denver!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jason B
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This remodeled HGI is well located for business trips, but a little off shops (they have a free Shuttle).
The staff is well trained and attentiveness. They were always there to offer help with whatever was needed.
Breakfast area has nice proportions and well lit, and the buffet is the type where you can order omelettes and sunny side up eggs to the perfection... but we missed the cheese and ham slices table.
Rooms are clean and they have a working area where you can work comfortable during large periods of time... BTW, internet is free and fast.
Ahhh... All rooms has adjustable air bed !!

Room Tip: Pick the ones facing the park instead of the freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pallamand
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Only stayed here overnight during a business trip, but I found the hotel very clean and comfortable, and would go back if I am in the area again. I was even pleasantly surprised with a package of cookies and towel folded into a bunny. It reminded me of the time I went on a cruise. The check-in and check-out was quick and easy. Lobby was very busy during breakfast and got more crowded as time went by, but there seemed to be enough room to accommodate everybody. The location is very easy to get to in Englewood near various businesses, and I would recommend it if you are traveling in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RedPawPrints
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here on a weekend at a really good rate. When I arrived and entered, I thought I was in a brand new facility. Everything was very clean, and very fresh. The desk clerk was very friendly and very efficient; everything was ready for me. The elevator seemed older, making me question the age of the property.

I got up to the room and again, wonderful. The room was so clean, I thought it was brand new as well. The flooring, furniture, bathroom- everything was in perfect condition. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet in the evening.

The unfortunate happened the next morning: the fire alarm went off and everyone had to evacuate for a while early in the morning. I checked out pretty late, near noon, and went down to the front desk to see the general manager and a clerk. I am sure they had been getting it all morning from customers. I commented as well. The general manager point blunt asked what he could do to make the fire alarm issue up to me. He was willing to do anything. I did not ask him for anything but appreciated his offer, and he seemed genuinely interested in trying to right the situation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood
Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area? Share your experiences!