“Excellent renovation!”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel is the ONLY place to stay in South Denver. With the newly renovated rooms, lobby, and restaurant area the Hilton Garden Inn Denver South is second to none! The service is impeccable and the rooms are immaculate. Much nicer than the Marriott across the street!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed here for two nights during a recent business trip to Denver. First thing that became obvious was the excellent location. Getting to the hotel from the airport was a breeze-just a straight shot down E-470S. This hotel is in SE Denver and it’s a bit of a stretch to call it Englewood-really, it’s more in Lone Tree. So if you’re going to spend a lot of time in N Denver this isn’t the location for you, but because it’s situated right near I-25 and E-470, both of which will take you to any other interstate/highway you need in Denver, it’s actually fairly convenient if you’re traveling downtown or to West Denver. We took trips to all sides of Denver and getting to Red Rocks took about 20 minutes, but downtown was 10 minutes with minimal traffic, 15-20 with traffic. And, the location puts you very close to the DTC, Littleton, and anything in South or East Denver. Reaching Aurora was an easy 10 minutes. It’s also close to Park Meadows Mall and a light rail station as well as several chain restaurants. The hotel itself had ample parking. While Lone Tree may seem a little off the map, the hotel is situated so that you can easily access pretty much any part of Denver and if you don’t want to stray far from the hotel for food, you don’t have to.

In fact, the hotel has room service, which we didn’t sample but prices and options were about average-chicken, pasta and burger dishes, a few salads and sandwiches, handful of desserts and appetizers. They also have an onsite pantry with pre-packaged food and personal items but, again, didn’t have a need for this. We did make use of the breakfast buffet both mornings we were there and while adequate, it was not worth the $14 per person cost. We received a coupon for 50% off when we checked in that we used both mornings and, frankly, my company was picking up the tab, so the cost didn’t bother me. But had I been paying for it myself, I would have opted to eat somewhere else the second morning, as convenient as an in-hotel breakfast is. They had a good selection of boxed cereals, several kinds of bread for toast, a few types of bagels, oatmeal, yogurts, pineapple, oranges, apples and two types of melon. Hot items are changed daily, but while we were there included scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, French toast, pancakes and apple crisp. They had several types of juice and while the cold offerings were plentiful most of the hotel items lacked a bit in quality. Though if you can manage to get some apple crisp, do so. That was the highlight of the meal! Also, they will do made-to-order omelets and possibly these are better quality-I didn’t try it.

The room we were in had one large king bed, a large TV, desk, comfortable easy chair, mini-fridge, microwave and coffee pot as well as a nice-sized bathroom. The room was spacious and clean and very comfortable. The bed had adjustable settings and excellent pillows and we slept well, in spite of being in a room located diagonal from the lobby elevators and front desk. We were also located directly beside what seemed to be all of the hotel’s meeting rooms. We did hear some residual noise from this as well as the lobby but we kept the fan setting on our thermostat going 24/7 and it was hardly noticeable. However, if you’re a light sleeper or can’t stand hearing noise from other guests, avoid room 120 on the first floor. It is conveniently located, as all we had to do was step maybe 10 feet out of our room to access the business center and the gym wasn’t much further away, but it was the only guest room in that section of the hotel and it was easy to see why.

However, we considered ourselves a little lucky to have gotten it. The day we arrived, there was a snow storm in Denver and our flight got in a lot earlier than planned-6:30am. We were exhausted and called the front desk to see if we could check in early, since check-in isn’t usually until 3:00pm. Not only did the front desk let us check in early, but they held the room for us as apparently we weren’t the only ones with the early check-in idea. 120 was the only open room at that time of day and we got to nap for a couple hours until the snow stopped, so we were grateful.

Another nice perk-the front desk has fresh-baked cookies every night, which we learned thanks to our room’s location and the smell wafting in when we opened our door. They also leave a package of cookies on your bed when you first arrive-Grandma’s brand.

I used the gym both mornings and it had 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a medicine ball and a weight stand as well as an area to do yoga or lift weights. Nothing super fancy-just some dumb bells that went up to maybe 30 lbs. Each machine had its own TV and there was also a large TV hanging above the machine. They provide towels and water and the gym shares a door with the pool, which I did not try. Both mornings I was in the gym-6:30am-it was fairly busy, with one guest having to leave and come back later when a machine was open. All the equipment was in good shape.

I also used the business center, which had two printers and two computers with giant screens. Everything worked fine, but the internet connection was pretty slow. It was fine to check immediate things or last minute stuff, but I wouldn’t have wanted to do a lot of surfing. Printers were fast, though.

Bottom line-a great stay. Great location, easy access to almost anything in Denver, very comfortable, inviting rooms, helpful staff and onsite conveniences. I can’t really speak to value as my company paid the bill, but while this is not a 4 star resort, it is far above a Motel 6. A great mid-level hotel-would definitely stay here again if I have the opportunity.

Room Tip: Avoid room 120 if you're a light sleeper or don't like hearing any lobby noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
ReneeWriedt, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the information you were able to share for other travelers as well. We hope to get an opportunity to have you are our guest in the near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at our first Hilton Garden Inn in Denver Colorado and we enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff were very friendly, courteous and always had a smile. The hotel room was very clean and comfortable - getting a mountain view was nice too! :) Breakfast was delicious and dining room was clean. We would definitely stay there again. Thank you James to you and your staff for a very comfortable stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2011

it is a really really nice, just recently fully remodeled hotel; super pleasant and helpful staff and bartenders; immaculately clean,including pool and hot tub; 5 min walk to RTD-- and in 30 min you are in downtown Denver (no parking headaches). Will sure consider staying here when next time in Denver.

Room Tip: ask for mountain veiw-- it's spectacular-- even might be? slightly noisy? as it facing far highw...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
ReneeWriedt, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Our team would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. We are very proud of our newly renovated product and are happy to hear our guests like the changes as well. Excellent customer service is also a goal of the team's and hope to get a chance to have you at our property again.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I first met Damion in Denver last week when I stayed at the Hilton ( Meridian). He was working at the front desk and I was one of the guest. A few minutes after we met, I immediately recognized his people, managerial and leadership skills. At the time, I realized that he was a very busy with lots of customers waiting for him. Despite of that, he made time to talk to me and never tried to rush me.
I told him that I had 4 large boxes which I couldn’t take on the plane to Phoenix. He up volunteered to store four of my boxes at no cost for one week until when I returned. He also helped off load them from my car to the storage room at the hotel.

Damion has excellent people skills and he is a great communicator. That impression about him was the first reason I trusted that he would keep my boxes safe. As I continued to talk to him, I observed that he often sought my opinion on different aspects of life. He definitely has excellent customer service. He seems to be the kind of person who can negotiate differing needs, backgrounds, and opinions to arrive at a common objective. The entire time, Damion showed signs of care and respect for me and other customers. Time to time, I have observed gestures of a caring person. Damion is truly committed to Hilton and he is doing an excellent job. I would love to see him promoted to become Hilton's CEO one day!!!!!

Dr Mo Mukiibi
CH2M HILL

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind remarks for Damion Dudley. We are happy to hear your stay with us was a good one, specifically because of your experience with Damion. Our goal as a team is to make guests feel welcome and comfortable at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver South. We hope to get an opportunity to server you again in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

My company chose this hotel and this would've been my first time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and courteous as I first arrived. It turns out my luggage was lost by the airline so I was without a shaver, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant and the rest of my clothes. Damion was nice enough to provide me all those things other than the clothes. The deodorant was actually for sale in the pantry but he gave it to me for free and he did his best to help me out the best he could.

When I fist entered the room there were cookies waiting for me as well as a cute little bunny made from towels on the bed as a ornate welcome piece. The room was spacious, had a microwave, large LCD TV, and complementary wifi. The bath soap, shampoo, conditioner were all AVEDA and very high quality. Normally I use my own soap and shampoo because my skin is dryer than normal but these were in my luggage which the airline lost. The AVEDA soap and shampoo/conditioner was just as good and I didn't even miss my own things.

All in all, I was very impressed and happy with the room and service. Thanks Damion for making what looked like a horrible trip into a delightful one!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, despite your lost luggage. We know that travel is at times stressful and strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible. Our team hopes to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a 3 night stay to visit my son in Denver. He lives in Highlands Ranch and I had a choice of multiple Hilton/Hampton/Hilton Garden Inns (and other properties - but I typically look at Hilton first due to being a member of the Honors program). I chose this hotel based on the very competitive weekend rate (3 mights for approx $180) and due to the fact that it was an non-smoking, pet free hotel.

The room and hotel were very nicely furnished and located in a convenient spot not far off the Interstate. It was very clean and we took full advantage of the pool and hot tub (small but we had it to ourselves). We had breakfast one morning, since we got a package that did not include breakfast we went for the continental version for $7 per - it was okay.

Bottom line we were very comfortable and very satisfied with the hotel. We would stay there again

Room Tip: Ask for the side of the hotel that has a view of the mountains
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
ReneeWriedt, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

We appreciate you taking time to write a review of our property and are happy to hear your stay was pleasant. We are continually looking for areas of improvement and from your review it sounds like our continental breakfast is one we can work on, thank you. We hope to get a chance to have you as our guest again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area? Share your experiences!