Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
MO
“love Drury”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Nice room, very comfortable. Nice flat panel TV with good channel selection. Located across the street from the public light rail station...convenient if you don't want to drive and park downtown. Convenient to highway if you do drive. Nice area, out in the suburbs. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank annopinion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2009

This was a nice hotel that offered breakfast and an appetizer style dinner. The staff was very friendly and helpful. You definitely need a car if your staying at this location. The only thing right next to it was the Bono's Bar-B-Q which was not too appetizing. You really need a fly swatter when entering this restuarant. The cleaning crew do not like to leave the complimentary items in the room, so you have to request them from the front desk. Overall, this was a nice hotel for the money. I would stay again, as long as I had transportation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank JustMy0pini0n
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2009

This hotel is lovely. The property is clean, spacious, and modern. All rooms have flat panel televisions, microwaves, and refrigerators. Rooms are equally spacious and CLEAN! Housekeeping was very attentive and thorough. The breakfast was great (and the breakfast lady was outstanding), as were the evening snacks. Actually, it doesn't do it justice to merely refer to as evening "snacks." They served pizza, baked potatoes, salad, nachoes, and other hot items. Talk about value! With the full hot breakfast and the evening reception, there were a few days during our trip when we spent NOTHING on food! The indoor/outdoor pool and jacuzzi were great, as was the service. Everyone was friendly and attentive. I felt very sorry for the staff though, as it appeared as if the man at the front desk in the evenings (Matt... who was fabulous) did everything. He served drinks, filled food, and later it appeared as if he was cleaning up and working the front at the same time. While he did an excellent staff, I always notice lean staffing at Drury hotels. I would imagine their people would become burnt out quickly. Nonetheless, Matt and everyone I encountered were top notch.

As far as location is concerned, the hotel is located in a very nice suburb. There is a mall close, as well as many places to eat. The best part is that the property is located right across the street from a light rail station. We had car problems during our stay in Denver and were forced to leave it at the dealership for a couple of days. Rather than incur the cost of renting a vehicle, we were able to conveniently walk across the street to the light rail station. Even if we would have had had our car, I think we would have went ahead and just rode the train downtown. We didn't have to mess with parking, traffic (which is killer at all times of the day), and getting lost - especially for the Rockies baseball game. Take the train to the last stop in downtown - the 16th Street Mall stop - and you are dropped off conveniently in the heart of the city. We were able to walk to most of the major attractions.

Tip: If you want to go to the Denver Mint, you have to book way in advance. The man at mint told me they were booked 2 months out. Katie Mullen's at the 16th Street Mall is an excellent Irish restaurant and the lower downtown district is great for nightlife.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bellamia123
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The property itself really impressed us. This was our first Drury stay, and it was nicer than expected. In fact, I'd say the pictures don't really do it justice. It's not luxury, by any means, but a nice place. We booked this as a mini "staycation" for myself, my husband and our 3 year old. We hoped for a nice, family friendly place for a little overnight. We liked the perks offered such as evening drink reception and free breakfast - but in fact, we really couldn't enjoy those amenities.

The hotel was absolutely packed. We had hoped that being a Tech Center hotel on a Saturday it wouldn't be as bad, but it was a zoo. Unfortunately, it was a lot of loud groups of all sorts - pre teen girls racing through the halls shrieking, two large family groups (about 10 to 15 people each) congregating in the pool area with coolers of beer. The pool was packed with pre teen/teen age kids throwing each other around, trying to see who could make the biggest splash, and rough housing. There was no way we could have had our 3 year old in the pool with all that chaos - which was heartbreaking for him because that was why we had gone on vacation - he loves hotel pools, and it was such a disappoint for him, but it wouldn't have been a safe pool for a preschooler. Oh, and another couple spent the evening getting busy in the hot tub - not just a bit of PDA, but truly R rated and perhaps worse - just not a family friendly environment.

We were unable to enjoy the evening reception because it was a crazy feeding frenzy. The staff was late getting any food or drinks out, and a line was snaking through to the elevators. Breakfast was a similar scene - although the food all seemed quality, we didn't feel like standing in line and fighting the crowds for free food - not worth it to us.

The individual that checked us in - Matt - was super. Unfortunately he got off duty at 3pm, and we were left with a rather surly evening staff that didn't have much interest in helping us out.

So, overall, the property is suprisingly nice, and what we experienced may have been an off weekend for them, I honestly don't know. Perhaps several of rowdy groups showed up the same weekend? Maybe it is typically more of a family oriented place versus a party hangout? I don't know. What I do know is that on our recent quest to do more "staycations", we've found much nicer properties in the area similarly priced.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank law_girl_75
St. Louis,MO
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites for five nights and enjoyed it very much, The staff is great, the room was clean and comfortable, and breakfast, as well as the evening reception (meal) were better than expected. The location is also very good, as it is located right next to I -25 and a light rail stop. Give it a try!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank forschie
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 7, 2009

I stayed at the Drury in Englewood for two nights in the first week of February, 2009. This was the first I had stayed at a Drury, as the footprint of their locations does not often extend to where I need to go.

Generally I agree with the reviews submitted previously; I could see Interstate 25 and the light rail from my room, but did not have any problems with noise. The hotel is attractively decorates and you could make dinner out of the food and free drinks they offer in the evenings. Their free breakfast buffet is comparable to what you would find at a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express. The staff was friendly and efficient.

In the room, Drury offers one hour of free long distance calling and both wired and wireless internet service. I had no problems with the wired service, but the prong was proken on a colleague's ethernet port on his room's telephone telephone, and he had problems using the wireless. The bed was comfortable and had a variety of soft and firm pillows on it. I also agree with a previous reviewer that the towels were fairly small and not very soft.

The hotel is located in a business area that has many restaurant choices of all types, from fast food to fine dining. Should you want to go out, you'll have no trouble finding any type of food you could want. While not much is convenient to Denver International Airport, I believe it took about half an hour to get to the hotel from there, and the traffic at 7:30 AM returning to the airport was no problem.

All in all, I'd stay here again, but would also check in to to the nearby Holiday Inn Express, as I collect their Priority Club points: the ones I earned at the Drury won't do me much good as I don't have much opportunity to collect more.

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed November 13, 2008

Despite a few annoyances, our stay was a pleasant one and we can recommend this hotel for those seeking clean and quiet accommodations.

Though located near the interstate, the building is well soundproofed and we did not notice much noise. Our cozy king room was nicely appointed, with a large armoire hiding the TV, microwave, and refrigerator. (The TV received full local cable and one channel of HBO.) There was a desk, which easily rolled out from the wall to form a dining table, as well as a recliner with a lamp. The recliner rolled around easily also, so you could arrange the furniture to suit your needs. The lighting was good. The bed was acceptable – one of us thought it was comfy enough, the other thought it was a bit too hard. The windows did not open, but the AC unit functioned well and did not spew forth any objectionable odors.

The biggest drawback to the room was the abundance of air freshener, which smelled like a cross between incense and Grandma’s face powder. Another negative was the very small vanity, which didn’t have much room for placing cosmetics and the like. The bathroom was a bit smallish but there were plenty of towels and the water pressure in the shower was decent. The bathroom, as well as the room, were quite clean.

The staff was friendly and helpful, which is generally a Drury hallmark and much appreciated when you’re on the road. We left our laptop power supply in the room (wifi worked fine), which we did not notice until we got home a few days later. We called, the housekeeping staff found it, and they sent it back to us free of charge.

We also appreciate Drury’s late checkout policy, where you can request to stay past checkout (11 a.m.) until 12 or even 1.

The breakfast was above average, with a few hot options. Alas, like other Drurys, there are very few USA Today newspapers available, so expect to be buying a paper if you want one..

There is a restaurant adjacent, a barbeque place named Bono’s, which has the absolute worst barbeque sauce we have ever tasted (sickly sweet, no zing).

We paid $59 with a Roomsaver coupon, a discount of $30 off the rack rate, and that made our stay good value for money. We would return again.

• Liked — Very clean, staff was helpful
  • Disliked — Too much bad air freshener in the room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank The-Motel-Mavens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center? Share your experiences!