“Great Accommodations - Lousy Guest Relatons”

Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Yorktown, VA
“Great Accommodations - Lousy Guest Relatons”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Visiting Denver over the long Labor Day weekend. We usually reserve two rooms at a Hampton Inn but decided to spread out here in a two bedroom suite with a small living area and kitchenette. Great accommodations. Breakfast area similar to Hampton Inns but with stoneware dishes and metal cutlery instead of paper and plastic. However, the guest relations leave a lot to be desired. When we arrived, there was no one behind the desk but the door to an office behind it was open and I could see the receptionist S L O W L Y walking towards me eating a bowl of cereal. As she walked through the door, she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. No Hello. No Welcome to Homewood Suites. Nothing! Our check-in conversation consisted of me telling her my last name. She told me our room number, breakfast hours, where the elevator was and that there was no maid service on Labor Day. On the morning of our departure, we were leaving before breakfast hours so my wife went to reception to see if they had “To Go” bags similar to Hampton Inns. Clarissa said they did but they were reserved for Hilton Honors members. When my wife returned to the room and told me this, I reminded her that I was a Silver member. She traipsed back down to reception to tell Clarissa this and she then advised that they were only for Gold and Bronze Honors members. My wife asked why she didn’t fully explain this the first time and Clarissa said she didn’t give her time to?? I don’t want hotel employees to be my best friend but I do expect a level of professionalism and service that acknowledges my patronage. This property must be wildly successful with every room fully booked every night because the management team obviously does not care about repeat business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank USAF-Retired-1996

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We've stayed at many hotels in the area and this one was by far the best we have encountered.
Our forth floor one bedroom was very quiet considering the hotel was booked full. The staff and the manager went out of their way to accomodate us when there was a problem with the Air Conditioning in our room. The funriture was very comfortable for a hotel and we had no trouble relaxing or sleeping.

The location is excellent in terms of highway access and getting to local shopping and dining. But to get to both of those you will need a car, as there is only one place in walking distance. There are plenty of places that deliver and the one's we tried we really good.

The entire staff from the manager to housekeeping are just terrific! I can't say that enough. :-)

The food was typical for breakfast (avoid the cheese omlets as they are WMD's that went missing in Iraq) and very good for the dinner that was served 4 nights a week.

I am looking forward to my next stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor was very quiet and we never had a long wait for an elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip in late July. As it was paid by my company, I can't say much on the "value", but this hotel did the trick for me. Others' mileage may vary. Families may want to think twice before booking this place.

Pros:
* Free breakfast mini-buffet is definitely a step above others, with a bigger dining area so you don't feel crowded out by any large groups.
* Free USA Today.
* The rooms are kept quite clean and well stocked. Some have a fully equipped mini-kitchen, and some are quite spacious-- my attached photo left out the kitchenette and bathroom to the left and big, comfy sofa to the right.
* The proximity to the Centennial Promenade and Park Meadows Mall (and their myriad dining options) cannot be underestimated, especially if you're renting a car based on mileage.
* Both Ethernet-based and WiFi Internet is available for free. Those with an AT&T mobile account on their smartphones will notice that it's an AT&T Hotspot, and their devices will login automatically without dealing with any transparent proxies. The Ethernet-based jacks come with cords and tend to provide somewhat more stable connections.

Cons:
* The indoor pool is rather small. There is no outdoor pool.
* As "close" as they are, the Promenade and Mall are still more than the average person's comfortable ten minute walk, especially in the thin Colorado air. The only dining establishments within easy walking distance are rather expensive, catering to the "expense account" crowd.
* View? A couple of corporate offices. That's about it. The interstate ramps immediately to the west block most of the mountain ranges.
* Although there is dinner available in the hotel, it's not available for long; the kitchen closes at 7, and there was no room service so far as I could tell.
* The overall location is at the southern tip of Denver, and not exactly in the "thick of things" at the Denver Tech Center. This worked for me, as my company is located right across the street. For others, it might not be the first choice.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in -01 are sunnier and are very spacious.
2 Thank dXTC
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

First off, the location of the hotel is fabulous. It's close to the freeway and loads of shopping and restaurants. We have a gorgeous two-bedroom suite (one room for the baby, one for us), with a spacious living room area and kitchenette. Seriously, this suite is the largest hotel room I have ever seen. Also, the staff kindly made sure we got the crib we requested and gave us a list of local restaurants to try. They even let us bring one of the high chairs from the eating area into our room at dinner time so we could feed the baby there. So far, so good.

But it is 12:20 a.m. and I cannot sleep because of all the thumping walking noises I can hear from the floor above me. I have a job interview tomorrow morning, and this is the last thing I need. Unless you are a heavy sleeper, I would recommend finding a hotel with better soundproofing.

Room Tip: The top floor would certainly be best if you want to get any sleep around here.
1 Thank Christine K
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were to stay in the Colorado Springs area, but the fires required a change of plans. Denver was the last leg of our 12 day road trip to North Dakota. We wanted two days to visit the amusement park, and the water park. We have friends who live in Centennial, so the Tech Center area was convenient to pick up and drop off.

Homewood Suites had high ratings on trip advisor, and Priceline was offering a sale on the specific hotel-we didn't "name your price". So we booked a 1 bedroom king suite for 3 nights.

Check-in was easy. Free parking and free wi-fi were great. As we exited the elevator, heading to our room, there were two large dogs with their owner at the elevator. Though I am a dog owner, I was a little taken aback with dogs trying to get into the elevator as I was getting out. We later saw another woman in the hallway, heading to the elevator with her dog, apparently for a walk. I have never stayed in a Hilton hotel which allowed pets. I was a little put off for cleanliness and safety reasons.

Once at the room we found it to be cold. We turned the temperature up on the a/c, and the heater went on. We turned the air off, and the room became stiffling, and there are no windows which open. This made sleeping difficult as we were either too hot, or too cold.

Breakfast is average at best. We had stayed at a Best Western in Hot Springs which had a lot of danish choices--Homewood had 2 very plain choices. Homewood's scrambled eggs were runny and had little flavor. The potatos were dry and the sausage still had their casing on them. They do have hard boiled eggs, which is nice if you are going to eat on the run. They have strawberries and whip cream for the waffles, also nice.

One night, while sitting on the soft, a tiny bug jumped on me. I killed the bug and took it to the receptionist thinking it was a flea. I was told the hotel sanitizes a room after it is occupied by a pet, and the bug appeared to be a small beetle. They offered to relocate us to another room. I wasn't concerned as long as it wasn't a flea, so we stayed in the room. Fortunately we didn't find another bugs.

Definitely the place to go if you are a pet lover, but for me, I will stick with Pet Free Hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank luv2trvlRedondoBeach
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Likes:
- Location (middle of Tech Center)
- Beautiful rooms

The complementary breakfast was OK. It wasn't as good as Embassy Suites, but better than most FREE breakfasts at hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Loved this hotel! Came here to house hunt and was very pleased with the hotel! Layout and decor is updated nicely.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,219 reviews
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center

Been to Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!