“Great Italian”
Review of Zino Ristorante

Zino Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Zino Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Edwards
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riverwalk
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have enjoyed every visit to Zino. First, let's say they are owned by the same owner as the pricey and incredible Vail's "Sweet Basil" - and it shows in the staff.
The food is always consistently very good, the fresh baked bread is delicious and the mussels tend to be my favorite. I enjoy eating outside whenever possible which makes the "al fresco" dinner delightful - You can play bocce by the Eagle river while waiting for your meal.
When dining inside, it tends to be a be noisy due to the size of the room which looks more like a French brasserie than an Italian Trattoria.
I have tried most of the menu (love the chicken, and there is not a bad pasta dish), and there is nothing I did not enjoy. Great place!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My friends and I had a wonderful meal including appetizers, entrees, and dessert. The eggplant parmesan was the best I've ever tasted and rhubarb tart (which I usually would never order) was amazing. Staff was friendly and atmosphere of the restaurant made for the entire dining package . Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Dined outside with four fairly picky friends at this lovely restaurant in downtown Edwards. We started with an excellent house Reserve Chianti and margaritas - both very good. Then the excellent bread. Next came appetizers which I highly recommend the eggplant. Then the main courses: the seafood linguini was terrific as were the mussels. The chicken was a bit boring and not recommended. The cranberry/strawberry cobbler was a bigger hit than the rocky road sundae. All in all it was a memorable dining experience.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

One of the gems of the valley that is a must for anyone visiting. In the summer sit outside on the patio and watch people play bocce while enjoying the sound of the stream below. The inside includes a nice bar area and ample seating without feeling too close together.
The menu is large with innovative approaches to traditional items. Salads with unusual combinations of items, pizza with wonderful blends of flavors, risotto with rabbit and kale, veal done to perfection, along with other preparations of fish, chicken, pasta, etc. A must are the skillet mussels -- best in the Valley.
The staff remembers you special requests or needs and everything is brought without asking. The owners move around the restaurant greeting people and making sure that everyone has everything they would like. A lovely place for a drink and a snack or a relaxing meal. We go often on our own and this is also one of our first choices when we have people coming into town for a visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We had the salad that is the closest thing to a Cesar that they have, didn't care for it. The mushroom pizza could have been great but was way over powered with truffle oil. In addition we had the rabbit risotto which was the best thing we had.