“Great Down-valley spot”
Review of Bonjour Bakery of Vail - CLOSED

Bonjour Bakery of Vail
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Excellent breads and pastries with wide diversity. "Entree" lunches with soups too. Take some home or enjoy in the quaint cafe.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Well I think my title sums it up- The chocolate Croissants were very good, and Ham Croissants were also quite tasty- We were there in August and it looked like they had recently moved from a few doors down in the riverwalk, So that maybe why I found the decor a bit sub-par, Don't get me wrong- its not awful- If it was Dillon or Winterpark it would fit right in- But this is the riverwalk in Edwards- More is expected here.

The girl at the counter was attractive, clean and friendly- What I can't let go and the reason for my review is what I witnessed from the noticibly dirty unkempt person I believe was the manager or owner- wearing very dirty & stained t shirt and jeans, and while the customers were careful to use tissue paper while reaching to get pastry out of the display- I watched him go from handling money at the cash register to grabbing rolls and croissants with his BARE HANDS- he did not wash them in-between etc, and not just once by a fluke- but consistently- several different times, going from one task wiping counters etc to food handling with no gloves, no washing.... then I started looking around a bit more at the overall appearance of the shop- dirty would be the word, floors that hadn't been swept, tables that hadn't been wiped etc, which makes me wonder- how is the kitchen and food prep area kept?

I'm sure I've been in plenty restaurants that have subpar sanitation and the food is good- But I noticed this one and couldn't let it go, the best thing I could have done and you should do would be get breakfast to go- and not look around too much.....

1  Thank 720Actual
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Place is great place to pick up a pastry and coffee. Good service, great location.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We went out of our way to find this bakery after making ann early-morning trip to the farmer's market in Edwards. I guess I was expecting more. The butter croissant was a bit heavy, not flaky or light. The palmier cookie was excellent, however! We also purchased a loaf of pumpkin-raisin bread, which I thought could have used more spice. The young lady at the counter said the baking is not done on-premise...so I'm not sure where they are baking these items. The fresh fruit tarts looked wonderful. I guess we were expecting to see more items...more varied selection...and would have liked more atmosphere to the place. Call us picky!

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I adore the Boujour Bakery! The bread is the best, the pies are to die for and the sandwiches are great. The bakery is small and uncomplicated with a wonderful staff. Try the fresh fruit torts, chocolate mousse pies or the daily soups. Good value and service, I would highly recommend.

1  Thank vailaspen