โ€œWine & Cheese, PLEASE!โ€

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Vail,CO
“Wine & Cheese, PLEASE!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My favorite spot when I just want to relax with a wonderful glass of wine accompanied by an AWESOME selection of cheeses & small plates. I also love the OLIVE selection. DISH upstairs has more choices & is a great place for dinner, but when I want just a sampling of tasty tid bits and something yummy to wash them down> this is my favorite spot.

• Visited February 2012

Vail
“Edwards!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Contemporary appearance with reasonable food. Located in strip center.

Vail, Colorado
“Just OK”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We've been meaning to have lunch at Eat Drink for a while now, they have great cheeses, wines and gourmet goodies so we new the quality of the ingredients would be good.

While to ingredients were indeed high quality, the execution was just off. We had the burrata appetizer to start. It desperately needed a grind of fresh pepper and maybe another layer, tomato confit, a homemade pesto, something to elevate it from boring, the crackers it was served with were the star, not the cheese. Then we each had a panini with a side salad. The arugula salad was very fresh, but had no dressing at all, there was a microplane of cheese on top, but otherwise it was dry. The bread for the panini was wonderful, but the contents were skimpy, the ratio was so off that it was hard to taste anything other than the bread. I understand trying to keep costs down, but it was an unsatisfying meal.

Our server was fine, not really friendly, not rude either, just there.

I'll go back to pick up cheese, but won't bother with lunch again.

• Visited October 2011
Eagle, Colorado
“What Happened?! Dissapointed.”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I used to go to EAT! DRINK! all the time, and I LOVED their paninis!! If I could have eaten any dish for the rest of my life that would have been it. However when I went on October 4th, I was SEVERELY dissapointed.
The staff never ONCE asked us how our food was or if we needed anything.
The appetizer we got seemed like it had been sitting out for a while, the edges of the meat were sort of hard.
When our entrees arrived, mine had a hair in it, and my partners was stale.
The quality of the ingredients are just not what they used to be. The size of the paninis have been reduced, as has the quality of the food. I was sorely dissapointed. If you haven't gone to this restraunt before, it might seem okay, but for those of us who have gone in the past, are extremely let down.

• Visited October 2011
eatdrinkvail, Owner at Eat Drink, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Hello! This is Pollyanna Forster and I am one of the owners of eat! drink! I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your unfortunate experience at eat! drink! I appreciate your opinion and feel that as you live in Eagle, I would love to have you come in and enjoy the changes we have made due to your constructive reveiw. As you know we have been in business for the past seven years and are considered by all locals as an intregal part of the Vail Valley, so your reveiw is very heartfelt and important to us. Please email me personally at pollyanna@eatdrinkinc.com or call my personal cell phone 970-331-3554. I look forward to speaking to you.
warm regards,
pollyanna forster
Fort Worth, TX
“Best Panini EVER!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

The ingredients they use and the mixture on the panini's is incredible. By far the best panini I have ever had. Must go back before I head back home from vacation. Great cheese's, olive bar, wine selection; everything about this place is great. Had a variety of cheese board that was fantastic. Cheese's I never heard of but were so fresh and delicious. The price wasn't bad either.