“Good food, good service, great night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Juniper Restaurant

Juniper Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Edwards
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, good service, great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Juniper, thanks to all those reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. On an icy night, we were welcomed with a nothing's a problem attitude. The menu is full of interesting dishes, the portion sizes are perfect and the food cooked perfectly. Even our fussy kids were raving, whilst there is no kids menu, splitting a dish was not a problem for the kitchen. If you can squeeze desert, go for it. We couldn't finish by not complimenting our waiter, friendly and attentive, without really being visible or over bearing. Thanks Juniper, we will come back on our next visit to the area.

1 Thank Melbscoop

Chicago
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a special birthday to celebrate and Juniper was at the top of our list for a place to do it. We love the cozy atmosphere and the food is always terrific. When we first arrived, we were seated at a table that had quite a chilly draft (not so cozy...) and when we asked if we might be seated elsewhere, we were graciously shown to another table. We shared the Butternut Squash Ravioli appetizer which was like having dessert to start - delicious. The Veal Scallopini was quite good and the Filet Mignon was cooked exactly to order and served with a wonderful sauce and unique sides. We finished our meal with Charle's Hot Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake which was totally amazing!!! Props to our waiter D.W. who made our evening just right - never hovering but always there at the right moment. We've always enjoyed Juniper and we will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2013
Beaver Creek, Colorado
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Could not believe we didn't have a good experience at Juniper-one of our go to faves.
Our wait person needed additional training-for sure. Reached across me several times to pour water or wine with no notice, excuse my reach, etc.
Could have lived with that, but my steak (rib eye, most expensive thing on the menu @ $42) was not tender-it tasted great, but my son's pork chop was far more tender. I reported this to our server but nothing was done.
It was my husband's birthday and I let her know that I had forgotten to mention that. she replied that they don't do anything for birthdays but she would put a candle on any dessert we ordered-guess she didn't think maybe that would have helped with the not tender steak issue.
Nor did she realize, we probably would have had two more glasses of wine or maybe coffee to enjoy with our dessert.
I spoke with the manager when we left about the steak and the service. He let me know I should have ordered the Filet Mignon (@$36) and that I should have called him over. I suggested that perhaps his wait staff should be trained to let him know if a customer is unhappy. Perhaps when I noticed that he was poorly dressed-wrinkled shirt and pants-no jacket-I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for any restitution-comp something on our next visit.
Additionally, since there were three of us, we were relegated to a "high top" or corner table in an almost empty restaurant. The hostess was quite certain that those were our only two choices. I realized when we left and most of the tables were still unoccupied, that they were saving those tables in case parties of 4 came in-on a Sunday night??????
At any rate, this was disappointing performance from Juniper and I doubt we'll be back, which is too bad for both them and us.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Katherine A
Gypsum, Colorado
“Consistant good food with rotating menu.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have been to Juniper a dozen times over the years and never had an average meal. As with most Vail Valley restaurants it isn't cheap but it is moderately priced and no one should leave unsatisfied.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank YBMarmot
Eagle, Colorado
“Our go to restaurant for celebrations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

As a local, this is where we go if we want to "eat out fancy". This restaurant, though expensive, has a cozy but sophisticated atmosphere, friendly service and good food. They seemed to have a period for a couple of years where they weren't on their game but the last time we went, things were back up to parr. Reservations are a must during ski season (Thanksgiving until mid April). I was disappointed they took the balsamic ribeye off the menu as it was the best steak I have ever had. If you are in a dessert mood, try Charles' Sticky Toffee Pudding...yum.

Visited August 2012