“Inventive menu, could have been executed better”
Review of Juniper Restaurant

Juniper Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Edwards
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Inventive menu, could have been executed better”
Reviewed October 21, 2007

First off, I rated Juniper 3.0, not because it is average food in general, but because I found dining there an average experience for the price.

We choose Juniper after hours of researching places to eat in Vail (my boyfriend is a foodie/chef, so every restaurant choice is a very serious one in our house). The menu is intriguing, with some interesting flavors added to some classics.

The hostess was delightful, and let us have our choice of tables. The decor is nice and understated. Our waitress was adept, but certainly not polished and didn't really seem able to answer our questions about the food. But, it was off season in Vail, and I know that great help is hard to find and even harder to keep....

We started with the duck confit spring roll, which was excellent. I had seared tuna, which was cooked perfectly, but which was drowned in a sauce that was MUCH too salty (and I LOVE salt). My boyfriend had the Veal Scaloppini which was good. We each got a glass of red wine with dinner, and both our wines were served much too warm (I would bet his was about 80 degrees, mine was a bit cooler than his, but nowhere near 65 degrees), which is not a mistake I would have expected a restaurant the caliber of Juniper to make. We opted not to get dessert as we had heard their dessert was not spectacular.

All in all, it was a good meal, but not a great meal. I was a little disappointed because if the staff had paid just a LITTLE more attention to details, it could have been much better. I would certainly not hesitate to recommend Juniper, yet next time we are in Vail, we'll try someplace else.

Arrowhead, Colorado
“Best Restaurant in all of Vail Valley”
Reviewed August 31, 2007

This place is simply the best. They make great seafood entrees and appetizers. Try the fresh Halibut or the salmon. Also meat lovers will go crazy for the veal here. Start with the tuna tartare or the tomatoe mozzarella salad-pizza(can be ordered as a salad only). Every one in our group loved what they ordered. Reservations are a must and expect to either come before 6:30 or after 8:00 pm during the busy season as they try to sell at least two seatings. Not very good desserts sadly to say but for us it's a good thing not to be tempted. By the way it has a fun bar for the 35 and older crowd.

Saint Louis
“Vail valley's best”
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Not only is Juniper Edward's best restaurant it is giving all the restaurants in Vail a run for their money. You no longer have to go to Vail and park in the structure to get a great meal. When there order either the very fresh seafood or the veal. You will not be disappointed. The desserts could be improved on however. Expect to pay 50-100/person.

alabama
“One of the best in beaver creek area”
Reviewed July 14, 2007

We had a wonderful dining experience at Juniper. The short rib appetizer is the best, and all of our entrees were simply delicious. The food is as good as any of the other fine dining restaurants in the area. My only complaint is that the desserts are lacking. If you have a sweet tooth I would recommend having dessert somewhere else.