“I can recommend this place to anyone”

Fiesta's New Mexican Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Fiesta's New Mexican Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 55 Restaurants in Edwards
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“I can recommend this place to anyone”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

As a long time local I have always enjoyed the food. As a broke seasonal worker I love the $3 margs and app menu for $3 that I have lived off of in the lean times. The food is creative and always good and you can expect to get out of there for a meal and a drink for $10. I wrote this review because I tried something new, a Fiesta Burger, wow, what a great surprise! Fresh burger with simmered onions and chiles was fantastic, never would have tried it but a wonderful surprise. I could recommend this restaurant to anyone. Try the burger and ask to sit outside, two hidden gems in Vail.

1 Thank vailaspen

San Antonio, TX
“Decent Mexican at tolerable prices”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a casual, local restaurant. Being from San Antonio, we're pretty picky, so we can't say this is the best Mexican food in the world, but it was very good. The chips and salsa were enjoyed. I had cheese enchiladas and they were fair. I think the chile relleno might have been the best item our group ordered. Entrees range from $10-$15.

Denver, Colorado
“Don't miss the cheicken enchiladas!”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The chicken enchiladas with jalapeno cream sauce are deliciious! My friends and I meet there at least twice a month and never need a menu. Those who used to order burritos or chiles rellanos have all been converted to the chicken enchiladas. Love the mild picante sauce too. Most reasonably priced dinner in the Vail Valley and delicious to boot!

wichita
“Great food”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Favorite Mexican food in the vail area. Great breakfasts, especially smothered omelets, and the fiesta combo is wonderful for lunch or dinner. Have gone here with our children since they were little. Friendly and happy.

• Visited July 2011
California
“Don't expect it to be "Tex-Mex" -- it's not”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I know New Mexican food because my Aunt Ruby is pure-blooded Spanish; her family was given a land grant in Nueva Espana by the King of Spain sometime around 1540. I've eaten New Mexican cuisine in the little back-country town of Cundiyo, as well as in Santa Fe. While New Mexican food might be confused with Mexican, or even Tex-Mex, there are subtle differences.

Fiesta's may be located in a strip mall, but it is nicely decorated and a fun environment. The salsa was some of the best I have ever had, thick enough to not fall off the chip, and non-acidic. I ordered the New Mexico-style chicken-fried steak, which is supposed to come with a green salsa but I asked to have them sub salsa roja, which they did. It came with the usual beans and rice and a side of flour tortillas.

Our party of 14 worked the serveress pretty hard, but she came through with no screw-ups either with orders or multiple split checks.

If you are looking for Mexican food, the New Mexican variety at Fiesta's will surely please your taste buds. Just don't expect it to taste like it came from a restaurant in Dallas, OK?

• Visited May 2011