“I love it!”
Review of Gashouse

Gashouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gashouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Edwards
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
“I love it!”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I don't know where some of you are eating but I recently visited the Gashouse several times during my stay in the Vail Valley and.... I love it! The food is great; outstanding seafood, especially considering the mountain location. The oysters are as good as any I have had on either coast. Great menu with a lot of variety; I could eat there every night. It is a little pricy, but so are all the others. Great wine list with some really good values. I also really enjoy the servers.

Edwards, Colorado
“Maybe it was an abnormal night, but this was not the chill dinner we were hoping for!”
Reviewed December 10, 2010

The place is alright, but I will never go there again...

The food is pretty good although its SO PRICY that I didn't think it was worth it. Its seems to me to be a cheap steak place that is trying to bank on the cost of things in this valley.

The service was lacking and we were there on a busy (NOISY) night so maybe that's why it was hard to get any service...but it may be that that is how they always work also. We were unfortunately seated near the restrooms also so there were kids from a soccer team running and yelling in circles around us in and out and in and out of the bathroom. I generally LOVE kids and after 1 glass of wine the words "kids suck" slipped out of my mouth... it was THAT BAD! So the atmosphere was junk.

Don't get me wrong, we weren't expecting a 5 Star meal, but one where we can at least hear each other would have been nice. The service, atmosphere, and even the food felt a few steps worse than an applebees, at the price of eating right outside of the gates of heaven...

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Misleading Advertising”
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We went to the Gashouse based on ads we saw on-line and in a publication. They advertised 30% off all entrees and 50% happy hour appetizers during certain times. When we received our bill, they didn't discount anything and we had to remind them that we even called ahead to confirm both discounts. The manager told us that we would have to tell the waiter we wanted the discount and that we would have to sit in a certain area to get the full discount. The manager finally gave us the 30% off (reluctantly) our entrees, but would not discount our drinks or appetizers. It was very disappointing and we felt they didn't take any responsibility for their advertising (and the phone conversation). We aren't going back. Oh, the food - it was okay, but there is much better across the street!

1 Thank Castle-Rockies
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“disappointing”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The service was really good but the food had no flavor. The steak was just beef with no taste and my husband tried the combo plate with the elk and he was not impressed. It was overpriced and the worse meal we had while in Avon.

1 Thank jane M
Fort Worth, Texas
“Really good "local" restaurant”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

After reading the reviews of Th Gashouse we had crossed it off of our list. When we asked one of the staff at our hotel where to eat she said she always takes out of town guests and family there so we gave it a try. The first time we went my husband had the Wild Game Grill and I had the Trout (we also had the crabcake appetizer). Everything was wonderful!! It was one of the best crabcakes I had ever eaten - lots of crab and not so much breading. It was so good we had to go back the next night for more of the wild game. We lucked out the second night and it was happy hour. Appetizers and drinks were reduced so we got to try even more yummy food ($2.50 margaritas). We recommend eating on the patio (unless it happy hour when you need to sit at the bar), the buffalo appetizer, the crabcakes, the elk, the venison and the quail.