“Great find for restaurant”
Review of Gashouse

Gashouse
Ranked #8 of 60 Restaurants in Edwards
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2017

What an amazing find when we took a chance on going in this restaurant. The service and food where amazing. We had stip steak from one of the local ranches and it was amazing. The inside is unique... come to find out it was a gas station converted into a restaurant. Thanks for the memories and the wonderful food. We will be back!

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We visited the Gashouse for a family member’s birthday. We had a group of 12, 10 thirsty adults and 2 kiddos. The birthday girl is gluten free so we called in advance to see if they had any gluten free dessert options. Jay answered the phone and let us know they do not have a GF dessert option so we asked if we could bring in our own dessert. He then let us know they charge $1 per person to bring in our own dessert. I let him know we had reservation for 12 people in our party in hopes of them possibly waiving that fee. Jay said “we will see if you spend enough money if so maybe we can not charge you for bringing your own dessert”.
We arrived, had a great time (food and service were both on point) and racked up a $450+ tab in apps, drinks, and food. We busted our dessert, our server Dave, graciously brought plates and forks and we proceeded to cut the cake, sing happy birthday and enjoy our homemade gluten free dessert.
Everything was great EXCEPT when the check arrived. Jay, the arrogant manager/bartender decided to charge us $6 for bringing our own dessert! I talked to him to see if he would waive this fee considering we spent a significant amount of money (for Gashouse dining). He refused to remove the $6 and thought he was very generous for only charging us half of what they normally would. I asked him as a local in the valley to please take it off and he refused. He then proceeded to argue with me and say it’s “only $6”. In the grand scheme of things wouldn’t a restaurant usually buy the birthday person dessert anyway? That would cost them about $6 anyway wouldn’t it?
Any way, the moral of my story is in our valley we usually do things to support our locals. I personally think the way Jay handled this situation is a huge slap in the face. If I was the owner of this restaurant I would be embarrassed by Jay’s behavior. We will never return to the Gashouse again.

4  Thank HDouglas03
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Fun experience trying a variety of game entrees and sausages. Wait staff attentive, happy to share history of place and pictures in other areas of restaurant. Dining and bar seating areas. Fresh vegetables sides.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

We went there for lunch on Monday. We were the 1st ones there. Waiter was very very helpful and on the ball. I ordered the salad with quail and maryland crab cake. My husband ordered the crab avocado salad. Everything was delicious.
We went for dinner. Service sucked. No one came over and filled our tea. We were basically ignored after our order was taken. We got the wild game sampler. It was dry and not warm at all. Bison ribs had bones all over the meat and it was chewy. We came out very disappointed after a great experience for lunch.
So the next night, i made a call in order of fillet mignon with baked potato and mixed veges and another with mixed veges and salad. I paid $67.15 for this. When I got back, no salad. Baked potato was hard. Mixed veges was a whole lot of peas and very few corn pieces. Fillet mignon was okay. I did not want to walk back and get my salad at this point. And the bartender guy was the one who took my money and he didn't seem really to care. I gave him $100.25 and he did give me my quarter back and said don't worry about the $0.15 which was nice.
Overall my experience in general says, don't go here for dinner only lunch.

Andrew G, Manager at Gashouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed lunch, but sorry that you did not enjoy dinner. We appreciate your honest feedback and will use it to make improvements for future patrons. Thank you

Reviewed September 11, 2017

I ate here while staying in Avon over the weekend. I love wild game type foods and this place rocked it. They offered a dish that had a 4 ounce Elk steak, quail and rabbit, but I wanted a bigger steak so I opted for a 10 ounce Buffalo ribeye steak. I was not disappointed in the cut, or the way the chef prepared it, as I ordered it medium. The atmosphere was also very cool with a bunch of mounts on the walls.