“5 stars for lunch but 2 stars for dinner”
Review of Gashouse

Gashouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gashouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 60 Restaurants in Edwards
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

We went there for lunch on Monday. We were the 1st ones there. Waiter was very very helpful and on the ball. I ordered the salad with quail and maryland crab cake. My husband ordered the crab avocado salad. Everything was delicious.
We went for dinner. Service sucked. No one came over and filled our tea. We were basically ignored after our order was taken. We got the wild game sampler. It was dry and not warm at all. Bison ribs had bones all over the meat and it was chewy. We came out very disappointed after a great experience for lunch.
So the next night, i made a call in order of fillet mignon with baked potato and mixed veges and another with mixed veges and salad. I paid $67.15 for this. When I got back, no salad. Baked potato was hard. Mixed veges was a whole lot of peas and very few corn pieces. Fillet mignon was okay. I did not want to walk back and get my salad at this point. And the bartender guy was the one who took my money and he didn't seem really to care. I gave him $100.25 and he did give me my quarter back and said don't worry about the $0.15 which was nice.
Overall my experience in general says, don't go here for dinner only lunch.

Andrew G, Manager at Gashouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed lunch, but sorry that you did not enjoy dinner. We appreciate your honest feedback and will use it to make improvements for future patrons. Thank you

Reviewed September 11, 2017

I ate here while staying in Avon over the weekend. I love wild game type foods and this place rocked it. They offered a dish that had a 4 ounce Elk steak, quail and rabbit, but I wanted a bigger steak so I opted for a 10 ounce Buffalo ribeye steak. I was not disappointed in the cut, or the way the chef prepared it, as I ordered it medium. The atmosphere was also very cool with a bunch of mounts on the walls.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

A local favorite. Folks come from Vail and nearby Beaver Creek to enjoy the very good food, comfortable surroundings, and very good service. Although known for their various meats, including a wide variety of wild game, the daily specials also feature trout and salmon. Portions are large. If you sit inside, you can view a variety of animals and wildlife mounted on the walls. The restaurant is built from logs so the various wildlife adds to the charm. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

surprisingly good food in a pleasant atmosphere, with old west posters and artifacts. Staff very friendly and work hard. Every dish that my friends and I had was well prepared. Prices reasonable and excellent value.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our atmosphere and food. Thank you for noticing our hardworking staff. Thank you for the review and please come again.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

I would recommend this if you like 90's plating and don't mind frozen package veggies. The food is good but not a contemporary, amazing place. If you like meat and potatoes...you should go! Service was also good.

1  Thank Jennifer E

Thank you for your review. Yes, our restaurant is a hunting lodge-style eatery with a menu focused on wild game and fresh seafood. However, we do offer a variety of salads and wraps as well. We are glad you experienced good service and enjoyed your food. We hope you will come again and try our desserts too!