“delicious, authentic game in a log cabin”
Review of Gashouse

Gashouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gashouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Edwards
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“delicious, authentic game in a log cabin”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

From the outside the restaurant looks like any other but inside your are transferred to a fantasy log cabin with animal heads and other interesting memorabilia. The buffalo sausage was delicious and succulent (a must-try) and the ceasar salad one of the best I've had. The Rocky Mountain Oysters, though, were a novelty of fried blandness but glad I tried it and can now be scratched off the bucket list for good.
Give this place a try for some innovative cuisine in the area.

Visited June 2014

Apollo, Pennsylvania
“good local spot”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

this place was the only building in Edwards 25-30 years ago. Interesting local haunt for a steak and beer. Not expensive, but good.

Visited April 2014
midwest
“Horrible service, false advertising.”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Went there with family, just want to it something. They had special going on in the paper, price was all right, so we did stop by there. Service wasn't good at all, it took them forever to serve us, game plate was all burned out outside and raw inside, I don't think I even took a bite of it, was looking bad! After we were done with "diner" the waiter brought us check with no discount at all even I showed the the paper! The owner showed up and told us and couple more couples that we're expecting discount as well that special only at the bar!!! It was not in the paper!!! They did lie about special, they did rip off a lot of people, owner is horrible, never even tried to solve the problem. Good luck with you business scam!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank buldos
North Bethesda, Maryland
“Very mountain rustic, nice selection, can be crowded--very popular”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Visited while on a business trip--some locals took my group there. It was pretty crowded and loud, but definitely a popular place. Service was pleasant, and there was a very good selection of Western fare. I had the Grilled Quail with Truffle Fries and Mixed Veggies and Mushrooms. Excellent (although the Quail took a bit of work to clean the bones). Nice place.

• Visited February 2014
Merida, Mexico
“Be adventurous, try the uncommon dishes!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

While in Vail, a local friend recommended that I try it, so off I went, when I arrived, have my doubts about trying because indeed looks like a gashouse, but since I am always open to try different things when it comes to food, my and my wife decided to give it a try. The place is strange, it has a lot of stuffed animals on the walls, so it kind of looks like Clark's in Jacksonville, but more rustic and with less variety. Since we saw that the menu offered a lot "uncommon" dishes, we play it safe with the appetizers, so we ordered the chicken wings, well I can tell you that until this day, I have never tasted a better chicken wings than those of the Gas House, they are simply awesome, don't know how they prepare them, but they are great! After that, we decided to be adventurous and try the uncommon dishes, so we ordered a buffalo hamburger, and quail, venison and some rabbit, it was very good! After eating there, we decided that we enjoyed more than going to some of the fancy restaurants in Vail, that being said, if you happen to be in Vail and want to try a different kind of experience, try it, you will like it!

• Visited June 2013