“Gashouse Still Terrific”
Review of Gashouse

Gashouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gashouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Edwards
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We tried this restaurant 3 years ago and went back again. The food was just as wonderful.

It is known for its wild game and my husband had the Elk, Buffalo Sausage and Roast Quail dinner with baked potato; I had the grilled quall dinner (same as I ordered 3 years ago)!

Excellent food, excellent service. Since it was in between seasons (Sept 16th), the dinners were at 30% off. What a terrific price for such wonderful food.

Don't hesitate to go - it may look a bit worn, but that comes with experience I guess!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

loved the décor as inside was like a mountain cabin with wildlife on wall etc.

food was good but not great. it was somewhat cold when we got
it but it was still good.

a little disappointed but would go again and give it another try.
it is highly recommended in general.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were there when it was not crowded. The red trout and bison meals were excellent. Friendly service. Local color decor. Lots of beer choices. Easy location to find.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Some things just never seem to change, and for the Gashouse, that’s a good thing.

The Gashouse is like your favorite old t-shirt. It just feels comfortable, and puts a smile on your face every time you return.

We’ve been going to the Gashouse since 1983, back when it was the only establishment in Edwards. We were there the night Frank Gifford spoke of Gashouse’s quail night on Monday Night Football, and we’ve been there through the slightly different ownerships.

While the Gashouse is no longer the bargain that it was years ago, the food and service are steady as a rock. You can truly order anything on the menu with confidence.

The quality of the wine list has grown considerably over the past few years.

On our recent visit, we had our old standby, buffalo shrimp, along with a strip steak and a crab cake sandwich (from Freddy’s old recipe?). It was as satisfying as that old t-shirt ... .

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I've been to the Gashouse only a couple of times but have been very pleased with both of my visits there. They offer an extensive menu with a lot of excellent selections and something for pretty much anyone. They have daily specials as well and all their food is prepared fresh (from what I know). The portions are generous...I am never left feeling hungry when I leave there. This isn't a "cheap" restaurant so don't go in expecting that but you get what you pay for and I believe the money spent here is worth it. They also offer off-season specials as well so if you are a local, that's always a great time to visit! They have a lot of good drink choices too and they don't skimp on the alcohol. The staff is always incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful. I will definitely visit them again.