“Great food, great place!”
Review of Gashouse

Gashouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gashouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Edwards
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Great food, great place!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to the Gashouse since there was nothing around Edwards. The food is still great!

I ordered the burger and my wife ordered the buffalo burger. Both were cooked amazing.

• Visited June 2013

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Waiter Threatened Me”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Myself and 3 of my friends decided to dine at the Gashouse while we were attending an event in the area. The food was okay, but the service was most memorable for everyone in my party. One of my friends wanted to order the nachos, but the waiter said "are you serious? you are going to order nachos at a place like this? You can get nachos anywhere". There was no joking in his voice either, he was totally serious! Then, when my other friend's girlfriend ordered a beer, he asked for her ID. Upon retrieving the ID he attempted to guess her age before looking at it. He was off by 1 year. But still! He wanted to GUESS her age? Umm, isn't that one of the first things they teach you NOT to do in waiter school? My friend's girlfriend was aghast and very embarrassed. Also, I had to ask for silverware after the food was brought out. The waiter had one of those "big guy" attitudes from the moment we sat down. Upon receiving our bill, I asked if he could separate our bill. He told me they don't do that and said it was written on the menu. I'm sure it was, but we spend over $150 on overpriced food. You would think they would provide the courtesy of separate bills. So, I decided to pay the bill and have my friends pay me back later. In my mind, this kind of service does not warrant a good tip (if at all). I applied a small gratuity with my bill and wrote "poor service" on their receipt copy and we walked out of the establishment. As I was walking out the waiter followed us and asked what the problem was with an very angry demeanor. I told him to figure it out. Well, he couldn't, so I explained to him everything I just mentioned in this write-up. When I told him he disrespected a woman, he got even more angry and told me what time he got off, indicating he wanted to fight me in the parking lot later. I was astounded! shocked! amazed a waiter would be that stupid to threaten a patron like this. Obviously I didn't take him up on his high school boy proposition, but a person like this should not EVER work in the service industry. I will pursue this until this man offers a written apology or is fired from his job.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Eric S
Memphis, Tennessee
“Enjoy the Restaurant”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Enjoy the restaurant for what it is-a funky old gas station with lots of stuffed animals that serves some pretty tasty food. We've eaten there more than several times and my kids really enjoy it. They have several different types of oysters and a variety of other appetizers. On a recent trip, I had Colorado Striped Bass that was good. Everyone seems to like the Elk and venison dishes.

All in all a pretty good visit.

• Visited March 2013
AVON
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

You never know what you are going to get in terms of quality. Extremely Inconsistent with the food. Good service but I did not like looking at all of the stuffed "dead" heads while eating. They could make better use of their deck in the summertime

Visited September 2012
Bluffton, South Carolina
“such a nice little restaurant”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is an old filling station that was turned into a rustic log cabin. We had dinner there and the food was wonderful! Not gourmet, but very, very good. I had lobster and a small filet and enjoyed every bit of it. Better yet was the service. And everyone in the restaurant was so friendly.

Visited May 2013