“Worst meal we have ever had-Denny's was 10 X better”
Review of Gashouse

Gashouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gashouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Edwards
Cuisines: American, Bar, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
vail, C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal we have ever had-Denny's was 10 X better”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I decided to go out for a nice dinner and chose the Gaslight for the atmosphere. We both had the grilled cod for $17.95 each. It came with a child size portion of salad, the fish was so dry we could barely get it down and a slivered carrots, zucchini mix that was awful, a twice baked potato that was so small we could barely find it (it was an $2.50 extra to have it twice baked which we found when the bill came. Dessert consisted of an ice cream sundae - the ice cream was frozen (old) and hershey's syrup for $4.95. our bill was $64.00- the next night we ate Talipia at Denny's Rest. fish perfectly cooked, nice big salad and mashed potato was excellent. All for $22.00

1 Thank deccurry

Temple, TX
“If you are looking for wild game for dinner, eat here.”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We went late on a Friday night and had less than 5 minutes wait before we were seated. we went to the Gashouse because of its reputation for game. I ordered a buffalo ribeye. My family ordered a "mixed grill" with quail, elf, venison and buffalo to share. We enjoyed all of it. It was cooked properly - medium rare. Wild game is very lean and it is easy to overcook the meat. We sat outside on a nice evening and enjoyed the meal, the conversation and the cool Colorado evening. Check it out.

www.gashouse-restaurant.com

Visited July 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Will not be going back”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Our party ordered the steaks, buffalo, fish and elk. The fish was ok and was the highlight of the meal. The buffalo was so tough and dry that it was inedible. The "tenderloin" was tough. At the prices gas house charges, I would expect much better cuts of meat. We mentioned the toughness of the buffalo which he so highly recommended to the waiter and received no response. There are much better options than this restaurant. We have been there twice now and the first time the service was terrible. We will not be going back. Lots of money with little value.

1 Thank Freqtraveler522
Beaver Creek, CO
“Gashouse continues to be inconsistent.”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

After a jeep trek on Red and White Mountain Trail, my buddy and I stopped for lunch at Gashouse this past Wednesday at about 1:30. My friend had never eaten there before and I told him it could be good or bad. This time it was bad. The advertised lunch special was chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes and mixed grilled vegetables. My friend asked the waiter if he could substitute a salad for the vegetables. The waiter didn't know. Said he would ask. My friend ordered the special, asked the waiter to bring a salad anyway and told him he would be glad to pay for it. I ordered a hamburger. The waiter asked how I wanted it cooked and I told him medium-well. A few minutes later the waiter came back and said "We're not serving the chicken-fried steak any more, but we have fried chicken." OK. The poor guy obviously doesn't have a clue what chicken-friend steak is. So, my friend ordered a burger cooked medium. A few minutes later the waiter returned and aske if my friend still wanted the salad. Not with a burger. After what seemed forever (we were the only ones dining in the restaurant and there were four or five occupied tables on the patio), our food came. The waiter set it on the table and left. My burger was medium-rare at best and my friend's "medium" burger was rare -- part of it was actually bloody. By this time we had been there much too long and just wanted to get it over with, so we ate what we could -- the fries were good -- and asked for the check. Before the waiter got back, someone else (he didn't say who he was) came to the table and asked if everything was OK. We told him the burgers were undercooked and he offered to put them in take-out boxes so we could take them home. We respectfully declined. I won't say I won't return to Gashouse -- as stated previously, it is sometimes good -- but as another reviewer said, there is better food across the street.

1 Thank rivertrash
Brisbane, Australia
“Great taste of the local game meat”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We were recommended to this restaurant from a local guide. We came here as it had a large variety of game meat. We ordered the mix game grill each, it came with a buffalo steak, duck sausage, elk and deer. It was cooked well and tasted fantastic. The restaurant hate a great vibe about and was decorated in stuffed animals.

• Visited February 2011

Been to Gashouse? Share your experiences!