“Great Brewery!”

Crazy Mountain Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Edwards
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I stopped by during our Colorado vacation. The beer was great and we loved the atmosphere.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place based on suggestions from locals and a coupon book. Opened in 2010 but has grown by leaps and bounds. Te owners were actually in the sitting area having a meeting. They do their entire process including canning, out of a lower level strip mall/basement/warehouse. All the employees were super friendly. They poured us a beer and took us on a private tour. The tour is short but neat to see all the different phases of growth and add ons. We also had a flight sampling which was a lot of fun! Bought a growler for $13 and a glass. Nonetheless, still fun to support local start ups.

They had a good truck outside. We didn't try it but it smelled and looked good.

Tip: get a vail valley coupon book and use the coupons! Or use the Trippons app for free stuff!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We love the new food truck! It completes the experience.

I have been dragging my uncooperative wife to Crazy Mountain’s tasting room ever since it opened a few years ago, and I’ve always enjoyed the rustic (i.e., basic) atmosphere because I so thoroughly enjoy Crazy Mountain’s craft brews. However, there was no food service, so there was nothing really to do but to drink beer and converse with your friends -- which is really not such a bad thing, is it?

However, the new food truck creates a much broader appeal.

Now, my wife almost asks me if we can go by Crazy Mountain because she likes the food truck so well. It really is good, as we ate at the food truck five times during our recent stay in Vail.

The food truck’s chef, Dave, is a former sous chef at Vista, and it shows in the quality of his entrees, all of which are reasonably priced. The Cuban sandwich is truly the best I’ve ever had, and my wife particularly enjoyed the veggie quesadillas. We also had the short rib tacos and shrimp tacos, and, both of them were exceptionally well prepared.

Try the hop fries -- French fries with a sprinkling of hops used in the brewing process.

One thing I like about Crazy Mountain’s array of craft beers is that the alcohol content doesn’t seem to be quite as high as some other microbreweries. I tend toward the Black Lager, but the recently-released seasonal Peach IPA should not be missed while available.

You may not know that Crazy Mountain recently was the beer sponsor for Beaver Creek’s Oktoberfest, and while I understand there are no plans to make it otherwise available, the Oktoberfest served at the event was top-rated.

I promise that you won’t go wrong with Crazy Mountain’s new food truck.

1  Thank 41-38
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great selection of local brews. Sit a the picnic tables of this brewery and enjoy a cold one. There is a food truck there, as well, but we were their for the liquids : ) Not visible as you take Edwards exit but worth the effort.

1  Thank gatorfan65
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went here last week at the suggestion of a local white water rafting company. They have excellent beer and the picnic tables outside are a nice touch as well as the swinging chairlift inside. My husband is a beer hound and was so impressed that he bought a growler of their beer to bring home with us. There is no food here and not many places within walking distance to consider. We took our kids during the afternoon and there were a few other families here but I'm sure it's a different atmosphere in the evening. Very nice and very unique!