“Extremely good Thai food, hole-in-wall atmosphere”
Review of US Thai

US Thai
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: Thai
Denver, Colorado
“Extremely good Thai food, hole-in-wall atmosphere”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Food was outstanding (no presentation but whatever, it's about $8 a plate so what do you want?). Service was great, feels like the family restaurant that it is. We lived in Asia for a long time and nothing is too spicy for us so we ordered "hot" and will ask for the Super A hot next time, however if you're not regularly eating very hot food, stick with the medium for your first time.

THe masaman is a standout as are the soups and chicken satay, this is a new regular place for us!

• Visited March 2013

Denver
“Excellent Thai Food”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have to admit that US Thai in Edgewater is a hole in the wall. You walk in and basically stand in the middle of the kitchen. The seating areas are small and furnished with basic kitchen set dining tables and chairs. The restrooms are right next door to the back seating area. If you can get past the ambiance you will order and experience some of the best Thai food in town. Soups and rolls are very good, noodles and curries even better. We recently had the Drunken Noodles and Pad Thai at a Mild+ rating and it was excellent. Be sure to watch the spice level; medium at US Thai is very spicy, Hot is torture. We actually watched a couple of brave souls order Medium+ curries and they could not eat much more than half of their order. Park on the corner of 26th and Sheridan, walk 1/2 block west and find US Thai on the south side of the street.

• Visited March 2012
Edgewater, Colorado
“Worst customer service”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Went to have a nice dinner with the family there when i asked for a special non spicky dish for my 2 year old daughter they were less than helpful. All i wanted was a small bowl of rice and some fresh veggies for the baby. While she didnt want to do such a simple thing and only wanted to sell me a stir fry additonal to a big thing of rice. Keeping in mind my wife and i already had our food that we asked not be spicky but when it came out it was fire hot which was explainded to us as the least spicy. Needless to say we own a duplex in edgewater and live there as well. One thing for sure is usa thai lost a local customer for life thirty year loan so we will be here a long time. Everyone i know i will tell them to stay clear of this place. Go enjoy dinner at a place where they take care of you. Stay clear of usa thai.....

• Visited March 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great neighborhood Thai restaurant”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Delightful food. Select your own "heat"! Pity there is no beer sold, as that would complement the great meals.

Denver, Colorado
“Where's the Button for Negative Integers????”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This place has no redeeming qualities other than it offers cheap food. The place is a local little dive, but if one has been to Thailand, it is better than eating off a street cart...because you get to sit down.

This was our second visit in about 12 months. Our first was just as bad but on a cold Friday night, hungry, tired and on the way home from shopping, I relented and agreed to give it another chance. I ordered Tom Kha Gai (soup) and Pad Si Lew with Pork, two standards that I know where to go in Bangkok in about 15 places and not get sick, and as many places here in the states. Well....

We asked that it be prepared with minimum spice. The last time we came, I gave up after becoming ill from the level of Thai hot pepper. This was mild? It would make a northern Thai Issan lover well up with tears. For me, I just became ill... So ill, I made a special effort to query how they measure heat and what I wanted.

Out comes the soup with all these red specs. Uh oh! Not to mention that the knives must have been dirty or something because the vegetables were enormous. One piece of onion was larger than an institutional soup ladle. I asked for a knife to chop the vegetables in the soup! On a normal restaurant scale this would have been 15/10 and I asked for 2/10. Okay, a few spoonfuls later, I tossed the spoon in the bowl, push it aside and seethe.

Out comes the Pad Si Lew. Now this dish is broccoli, egg, noodles, pork, and a sweet brown sauce. She drops the dish off, not a word, no "how is the soup?" ...doesn't even make eye contact. and the Pad Si Lew.... full of red specs...more than the soup. I took two forkfuls, looked at my husband with a look of disgust and said "I'm not eating it! I can't!" but, I was hungry.

The restaurant seats maybe 24 people in two rooms. All this happened within view of the cook, the wait staff, nobody gave a care. I waited 15 minutes, got up, got a take out menu to see what I might be able to eat and not go home hungry.

I ordered two spring rolls. They were wrapped in these thick glutenous noodles, and had less than one teaspoon of chicken in them. The peanut sauce was like brown Elmer's glue. (Sorry Elmer's)

If I could, I would give it a -10 in service, quality, waitstaff attention, and a 3 on price. US Thai: you are an embarrassment to every decent Thai restaurant on the planet. Teach your Vietnamese waitress how to wait tables and teach your cooks the meaning of MAI PET. (no spice)

If I had the time, I'd picket the place.

• Visited December 2011