“Pretty Decent Colorado BBQ”

Moe's Original Bar B Que
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Eagle
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Eagle, Colorado
“Pretty Decent Colorado BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've eaten at Moe's many, many times and love that the pulled pork sandwich is dependably good, but if you prefer bbq sauce, you will have to ask as otherwise you just get dry smoked meat on a bun with a thin pickle slice. The ribs are usually pretty good, not your fall off the bone type, but firm and the flavor is good. My preference is more of a silky, fall off the bone, but to each his own. I have tried almost all of the sides, and the coleslaw is crunchy and not drowned in mayo, the beans are very good bbq type, the mac n'cheese is good, the corn on the cob is way over-cooked (I prefer it crunchy to mushy), and the rest are kinda hit and miss. I didn't care for their banana pudding, but it's probably because then only time I got it was after it had been out for awhile. I grew up in the south and of course, my grandma made the best banana pudding, lol. The great thing is, they do rotate in a few special sides of the day which give you chance to switch it up a little. The atmosphere inside is like family-style on one side of the room with a funky bar on the other. Their outside seating area is an oasis, especially if they have a little entertainment. It is nice to have this place in town, and even better, they show up at local festivals with their smoker and I usually head straight to them for a rib platter. I give them a "very good" but only because there's not a lot of choice around this town and they produce a consistently good sandwich (if you add bbq sauce) and they have a great atmosphere. I have had a couple of instances where I sat at the bar and they were short-staffed and after more than 20 min., I had to get up and leave the bar seating to go to the walk-up counter to place and order and ask for a bartender to come back to the area as several people had not been served, but that was the 6pm rush, I believe. Considering the other choices in town, I would definitely recommend Moe's to a visitor. And you can take it to go....!

• Visited June 2014

Gainesville, Florida
“Moe's BBQ is NOT the average BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Today my wife and I stopped for a quick lunch at Moe's. We expected run of the mill BBQ but what a surprise we got when lunch came. The pulled pork sandwiches were just great, seasoned and cooked to perfection. The Jambalaya was HOT but it was some of the best we have ever eaten. The red beans and rice tasted like someone's Cajun Grandma was in the kitchen and had worked all day over it. Service was great, place was clean and the food was great. What more could you ask for?

• Visited June 2014
Molina
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We hadn't been here in quite a while & asked each other this last time, WHY NOT? The turkey was AMAZING! The sides were fantastic! The cornbread dressing was a special side. Yummy! The other four people loved their food also. There's a nice little place for the kids to play. We WILL be back the next time we're in the area.

“Best southern food available in Eagle County!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

The pulled pork sandwich is the best around. I flew into Eagle and was told by several people that best place to eat was Moe's, and I was not let down! The atmosphere was relaxed and the service was great. The whole experience reminded me of a trip down South. I will definitely visit Moe's on my next time through the area.

• Visited February 2014
“Love the shrimp sandwich...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Great sandwich selections and lots of tasty sides at a great price. Picked the shrimp sandwich and was delighted...Thanks for the excellent service team! Have to come back and try the pulled pork sandwich...

Visited December 2013