“Great atmosphere and food”

Diamond Belle Saloon
Ranked #1 of 7 Nightlife in Durango
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I loved the old saloon atmosphere. My friend and I had sandwiches with fries, which were very good. I would recommend Diamond Belle Saloon for the old west flavor.

2  Thank Luvs2Ride7
There are newer reviews for Diamond Belle Saloon

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is part of the historic Strater Hotel in downtown Durango, CO. The place looks like a western saloon with a large bar, piano and player, and waitresses dressed in appropriate attire. There is a downstairs which is noisier than the upstairs with is small and rather cozy. They have some local microbrew beers and a plentiful selection of other spirits. We each order burgers of one sort or another and both were quite good. Absolutely recommended for a different type of restaurant, good and reasonably priced food, and attractive waitresses. Some of the male customers were having their pictures taken with the wait staff.

1  Thank Bowlby324
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stopped in for an early lunch. The place was not busy at all and our waiter could not have been more rude or disinterested in us if he tried. Made no effort to be even slightly friendly. The wait for our food was very long. I got the Diamond Burger with pancetta, some kind of creamy French cheese and an aioli mayo - it was absolutely bland and I was very disappointed. (I should point out that I am not, actually, a picky eater). Ambience was interesting, but we would not go back.

1  Thank DeeJayOK
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our party of 3 children and 4 adults stopped at the Diamond Belle for lunch, around 1:30 in the afternoon. It took over an hour to get our food, even though we only ordered hamburgers and there were only a few other customers in the place at the time. I felt bad for our server, who kept refilling our drinks and running down to the kitchen to see about our order.

After we had waited an hour+ for our food, they messed up our bill. Our 3 children had ordered off the kids' menu but were charged off the regular menu and we were charged for a drink we hadn't ordered. The cashier argued with us about our ticket and we had to ask for the children's menu to show him what the meals were supposed to include. Eating out shouldn't be work. I don't think this establishment is geared toward a daytime clientele.

1  Thank RagtimeRocks
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Considering the prices elsewhere in Durango the Diamond belle is a fantastic choice. With several dishes ranging from $10-20 its hard to beat. The food is above average. We were there on a saturday night. There was live music and the place was pretty much full. The service was still fast. Great atmosphere and authentic wild west decor

1  Thank Dale S