All reviews front desk choice hotels donuts room was clean the breakfast area business center indoor pool hot breakfast would stay here again excellent breakfast in town yogurt train ride great place to stay stayed two nights third floor free breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Potential guests: Please be aware this property is very poorly managed. I had reserved three nights over New Years and decided to add an additional night to the stay when we arrived early. The representative over the phone advised she would match the rate for the additional night to my already reserved three-night stay. Upon check-in, there was a discrepancy in the total amount of the stay and I simply questioned why there was a difference. The representative became extremely defensive and said that she would not be able to change the rate to what I already had booked. I asked if a manager would be able to and she become even more upset and accused me of being a scammer. I was in complete shock that the issue was so quickly escalated over a simple question. The representative then proceeded to take my reservation slip and ripped it in front of me and stated that I had to leave the property or she would call the cops. How something like this could ever occur is beyond my reasoning. I never even became argumentative with her, but simply asked a question that she didn't like it. My husband and I had to then search for a new accommodation over a busy New Year's week due to this extremely poor experience. Legally, the hotel is not able to do such a thing. I contacted the manager and was simply told they would do more training and could cancel my reservation without charge. This wasn't a simple issue with the room or poor service, this was a major behavioral problem with someone falsely accusing a guest and threatening to involve authorities for no just cause. For the manager to simply offer to cancel is not acceptable either. I would highly recommend anyone to steer away from this horrible hotel! I filed a formal complaint with Choice Hotels and will seek legal council.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
137lennyp, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear amandasL8421SA,

I apologize for the problems you encountered during your check in. As I told you, we have addressed this with the appropriate staff and have taken necessary steps to correct the problem and to prevent it from happening again in the future. Again, I apologize for the situation.

Reviewed December 25, 2019 via mobile

Overall experience was good. We stayed there for 3 days and we enjoyed. The only complaint is about breakfast. We had same breakfast for three days which was boring and we avoided it.
Overall 4 star over 5

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
137lennyp, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Nisargjoshi22,

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you had an overall good experience. I apologize that you were disappointed in the breakfast. We offer a wide variety each morning, including eggs, a breakfast meat, potatoes, three flavors of waffles, variety of yogurt and various breakfast pastries and breads. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at our Comfort Inn & Suites Durango.

Reviewed December 25, 2019 via mobile

Carlie who worked overnight Xmas Eve was exceptionally helpful. I needed to wrap some presents and she was so eager to help find me some empty boxes to help me out. Additionally Jeanie who manages the breakfast area takes so much pride in what she does and is always a bright spot in the morning at the Durango Comfort Inn & Suites. Would definitely recommend this place if your staying in the area.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Robertrose07,

Thank you for the great review of our Comfort Inn & Suites Durango. Your review shows how hard our team works to provide a great experience for their guests. Thank you for pointing out Carlie and Jeanne and the great work that they do. We look forward to your next visit to our Comfort Inn & Suites Durango! Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed December 5, 2019

The staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming, and the rooms are great for a hotel within budget in Durango. There was popcorn and chili when I arrived in the evening after flying to the Durango Airport. The hotel is a short drive from Downtown Durango and between the airport and Downtown.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
137lennyp, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Dear 305courtneyp,

Thank you for your kind words about the friendly staff at our Comfort Inn & Suites Durango! You will find everyone here welcoming and ready to assist their guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at our Comfort Inn & Suites Durango.

Reviewed December 3, 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay friendly staff great breakfast comfortable rooms parking lot was a little icy could use a better plow job. The price was great offseason always seems to be a great time to go for a reduced rate.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear B7747HWmichaels,

Thank you for the great review of our Comfort Inn & Suites Durango! We're glad that you enjoyed the full hot breakfast and friendly staff. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!