“Comfy room! Crowded breakfast area!”

Comfort Inn and Suites Durango
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We reserved a room with two double beds and were glad to see that it also was equipped with a small refrigerator. The beds and pillows were amazingly comfortable! A few quirks about our room (#139) were: squeaky bathroom door--and since my husband and I are of a certain age, we go to the bathroom during the night, and the squeaky door woke me up--and a slow drain in the bath tub. I hate standing in shower water! My second shower, I got wet, turned off the shower and soaped and scrubbed up before turning the water back on to rinse off. There is free wi-fi, but no cable tv. There WAS a tv, but only local channels were available on it, as I recall. If I'm wrong, I hope the management adds a comment to the review.

Breakfast wasn't bad for a chain hotel. There were always two hot breakfast choices, yogurt, bagels, sweet rolls, toast, waffle maker, fresh fruit (bananas and Red Delicious apples--why is it always Red Delicious??), cold cereal, milk, juice, instant oatmeal, coffee, hot water. But no matter what time we came for breakfast, the room was packed! Our last morning, we just went back to the room with our plates and coffees.

The price was right for this hotel. It is NOT within walking distance of downtown, so be prepared to drive and then find a parking place if you want to be downtown--and parking is at a premium there. (we knew the location before we reserved, lest you think I'm complaining--I'm not. Just letting you know)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went north for a few days to get out of the Phoenix heat. Made reservations here. Hotel is a little east of the main downtown area but is close to other shopping and restaurants. Room was comfy and bed was firm. Room and surroundings were quiet for much needed R & R. Staff were pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast, in my opinion was not very good, have had much better. Coffee definitely took a vacation it was terrible... It needs major improvement. Overall I would book this again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

You would think for paying more than $160 a night that you could expect to get a mattress without a severe sag (hole) in the middle and we stayed 2 nights. On the second day we came back at 4:30 in the afternoon hot and tired and wanted to clean up and found housekeeping hadn't even been in to clean it yet. Sitting in the lobby now @ almost 5pm and they have told us it is ready now. My husband just went up to get into the room and found that it in fact not ready yet. Ugh!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very room, Very convenient to all areas, ie, downtown, interstates and other roads leading everywhere you need to go. Breakfast was hot and very good...clean and well kept. rooms were spacious and comfortable. The price was very reasonable as well. A bargain for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room was decent, it was convenient off the major road, and cordial staff. Price reflects area, scenery all around warrants it. We were only there 1 night, only housekeeping issue was a small, but obvious piece of paper trash in the same place on the carpet near or in the elevator for the 20 hours we were there. Breakfast was standard hotel fare, disappointed, though, with the 2 basics lacking - coffee from a new box machine on par with the in room coffee makers(?) and eggs a little too homogenized. They just taste different. Wish we could opt out of breakfast for a reduced rate. American hotel breakfast fare (not just this chain's) is having us reconsider a la carte hotels or b&b's. I really want a good cup of coffee.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ltravel198
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The young lady that was working on the night of 10 July 14 was outstanding and very hard with phones and customers. The hotel halls and room was clean but I did have a pet smell in my room but not unbearable.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I would agree with what some others have said about room cleaning stretching late into the evening. One day we did not get the room cleaned because we had returned to the hotel after a long day and the room was not done. They did knock on the door later and ask if we wanted it done but we turned them away because we did not want to leave our room. Other than this small inconvenience I was very pleased with my stay. The room was clean and updated, the breakfast was good, and all the staff was very friendly. The location was convenient to town. I would absolutely stay there again on another trip to Durango

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple