“Top Hotel of the Month”

Comfort Inn and Suites Durango
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've been living in hotels for the last six weeks. Half of them were below par but Comfort Inn in Durango had clean rooms, big rooms!, and modern amenities. I was very happy with the price for what you get. I stayed at several hotels in Durango and to be honest this hotel delivered more for the dollar than any of them. Staff was professional and courteous. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn and Suites Durango

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were very disappointed a second year staying at this hotel because of the indoor pool being closed for "chemical issues". Last year in March we stayed here and were told the pool was closed because of chemical problems. Otherwise the staff was very nice and the property was clean, so we booked again this year for a December stay. When we arrived, there was a sign at the front desk, which was not simply a temporary type sign, saying the pool was closed until further notice. The clerk said the problem was due to chemicals. We had specifically booked a hotel with an indoor pool and would have stayed elsewhere had we been advised prior to our stay. Later in the evening, we encountered workers staining the deck of the pool (and the odor was tremendous). Very disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean. My only complaint is the strong smell of paint initially but everything is nice looking. Beds were ok. Not the most comfortable but better then most. Very friendly staff and a beautiful view of some mountains out our window. Clean... good breakfast bar too

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank punkinbarbie
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Good place to stay for the price. Nice overall style, new soft beds, nice indoor pool. Staff could be more friendly and housekeeping could be a tad bit better but overall, good place to stay for family fun.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a great 6 days stay at Comfort inn & Suites, Everyone at the hotel was fantastic all new bedding ,new mattresses and excellent breakfast all you can ask for it.
its a very clean hotel, so many amenities for a business and family and get treated like a king.i would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank amy l
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed here once, and it was fine. Like any other standard run of the mill generic American hotel room.

I was scheduled to do business in the area when the Government decided to shut down. Because congress did not get their act together in time, the trip I was scheduled for was cancelled. I cancelled my hotel room here the day of the reservation. I cancelled and was told I would be charged a portion of the amount of the room. This was acceptable as the room was held for me. They did not state it would be 100% of the room cost.

What was not acceptable was the $105 I was charged. When I called about this the first time, nobody returned my call to address my concern. After calling a second time, I was told that this was their policy - to charge the full amount despite the fact I did not stay at the location.I turned the complaint over to the Better Business Bureau. The BBB attempted multiple contacts without any response.

The company has unethical business practices and would not recommend the place to anyone. I feel this money was stolen from me without apology.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank ABQMan1234
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed three nights and on check-in found the greeting to be friendly and helpful,the room
was clean and comfortable.the was below expectations Location is great for travel to Mesa Verde,
Silverton and Durango