“Very happy”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very happy”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean. My only complaint is the strong smell of paint initially but everything is nice looking. Beds were ok. Not the most comfortable but better then most. Very friendly staff and a beautiful view of some mountains out our window. Clean... good breakfast bar too

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank punkinbarbie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Montrose, Colorado, Usa
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Good place to stay for the price. Nice overall style, new soft beds, nice indoor pool. Staff could be more friendly and housekeeping could be a tad bit better but overall, good place to stay for family fun.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

California, Maryland
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a great 6 days stay at Comfort inn & Suites, Everyone at the hotel was fantastic all new bedding ,new mattresses and excellent breakfast all you can ask for it.
its a very clean hotel, so many amenities for a business and family and get treated like a king.i would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank amy l
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed here once, and it was fine. Like any other standard run of the mill generic American hotel room.

I was scheduled to do business in the area when the Government decided to shut down. Because congress did not get their act together in time, the trip I was scheduled for was cancelled. I cancelled my hotel room here the day of the reservation. I cancelled and was told I would be charged a portion of the amount of the room. This was acceptable as the room was held for me. They did not state it would be 100% of the room cost.

What was not acceptable was the $105 I was charged. When I called about this the first time, nobody returned my call to address my concern. After calling a second time, I was told that this was their policy - to charge the full amount despite the fact I did not stay at the location.I turned the complaint over to the Better Business Bureau. The BBB attempted multiple contacts without any response.

The company has unethical business practices and would not recommend the place to anyone. I feel this money was stolen from me without apology.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank ABQMan1234
busselton
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed three nights and on check-in found the greeting to be friendly and helpful,the room
was clean and comfortable.the was below expectations Location is great for travel to Mesa Verde,
Silverton and Durango

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Average may a bit generous. I gave the Comfort Inn & Suites a second chance after a disappointing stay 5 months ago. The details being not tended, are in upkeep. 1 maintenance guy with a screwdriver and some putty could do a lot of good here. The shower curtain was sagging so the bathroom door would not open all the way and had now bent the rod. The door stop for the room door was missing leaving a sharp edged metal plate exposed. There were unfilled screw anchors in the wall from some abandoned something. The mini fridge was so loud and whiny that I had to unplug it to sleep. The side entry door, the one nearest my room had the electric lock fail. I reported this to the desk at 6 am and left for the day returning at 6 pm certain that twelve hours was enough time to correct it. Wrong. Told the same employee at the desk it was still not working and he just then went to check on it. It was corrected shortly after so it was a simple fix. The hot tub listed as an amenity....is gone. It has been removed t install a sauna in it's place. The hotel info should state this NOW as I would not have booked had I known this. And the food at the breakfast buffet which reported has being bad back in June, has not improved. The sausage is rubbery, the gravy is gray and the coffee pump pots have been replaced with a machine that is not an improvement. The free breakfast is so bad that I opt to go pay for one at one of the many fine breakfast spots in town. There is also now a card on the desk threatening a charge if linens are missing. Since the bath towels have the feel of those course sand paper towels we had in high school gym, I can't believe many are being stolen. And speaking of the desk, many hotels now have a desk style adjustable swivel chair for using a computer at a comfortable height. Not here. There are many better places to stay in Durango.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Scot
Reviewed November 21, 2013

i paid for my room in advance on the choice hotel website, and when I got to the location they took my card for incidentals. I said on Friday & Saturday night, the 8 & 9 of November. On November 12 they ran my debit card again and basically double charged me. I politily called them which took several days of calling to get to the general manager Acbar. I finally spoke to him on Nov 15 and said he would call me back this was a Friday. Then on Tuesday of the following week I was advised by his front desk manager to call Choice Hotels Corp and file a compliant. The hotel would have three days to call me. He did not call but sent an email that did not address the issue, and then he said basically because the were nice they would we refund me one nights stay. YOU WILL GET THE RUN AROUND. Besides that the hotel smelled like clorine through out from the pool. They did not come clean my room until about 3:30 on Saturday. Price was cheap but you get what you paid for. DON"T USE A CREDIT CARD

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family