“Great service, fantastic staff!!!”

Comfort Inn and Suites Durango
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersSilver level
Glendale, Arizona
“Great service, fantastic staff!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

From the moment we arrived we knew we were in the right place. Ordell and Lexi helped us with our accommodations (though there were only 2 rooms left). Both of them were gracious beyond words. The spa and pool were refreshing and the room was spotless! When we went to the front desk to ask a few more questions - Ordell really helped us navigate the area. I highly recommend this hotel. It is quiet and comfortable. Looking forward to what looks to be an amazing hot breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Earlville, Iowa
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a king suite on the first floor, but the weird thing is that the bedroom and bathroom were down a flight of stairs that were located off the kitchen. Good for a family or people traveling together because there are 2 adjoining bedrooms and an extra bathroom. The place was clean, but it was inconvenient to go to the lower level for the bath and sleeping facilities. We didn't take our luggage down there either since we would have to haul it up. We were woken up both days we stayed there by loud thunking noises, this was at 5:00 ,we assumed it was staff getting things ready for breakfast. The basement area outside of the bedroom looks like it is used for storage. I would not recommend the king suite that has a lower level. Breakfast was just very basic.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sterling heights MI
Reviewed September 18, 2013

funny reading the review about being given a key to an occupied room. We checked in amongs total chaos of a bike race, I had about 15 people in front of me in a very slow, moving line. I gave the guy my reservation info, all went well till I tried to enter our 3 rd floor room, keys would not work.
Walking back to the lobby which still had a line, I went to the desk and informed them that the keys did not work. They re-issued my keys, went back up to the room and once again keys did not work.
I once again went to the front desk and informed them that the keys still did not work. I now was accompanied by a young woman who seemed to think I wasn't using them right. Guess what, they didn't work for her either!!
Turned out they were entering the wrong room number on my cards...brilliant!!!
The property is nice and does look fairly new, the elevator worked fine and the wait time was short.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived on a Friday night without reservation. The girl at the lobby gave me a rate of $139. She was very nice and friendly. We go to our room, the key isn't working at all so I go down and she fixes it. The door opens this time, only to find that it was occupied. Awkward moment... I go down again, she seems confused : "there shouldn't be anyone, she assures me" (well, there's a guy lying on the bed, I answer back). The other clients don't know what to think of it. She tells me there's a problem in the system. It might be that or the fact that she wasn't focused enough while I checked in (pretty chatty), I don't know. I was tired and hungry, I played it cool, mistakes happen but we weren't confident enough to leave our stuff in the room when we went out for dinner.

Besides the weirdest check in ever, the room was huge and clean, especially the bathroom. We only stayed one night so we didn't get to the pool and other facilities. I can't speak for the breakfast, we now avoid them at that kind of hotel, it's not good and we hate plastic dinnerware.

Location is okay, easy access but one needs a car to go to old town.

Given the other hotels and motels on our trip, this one was somewhat an expensive disappointment.

College Park, Georgia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's just what I expected from a Comfort Inn. The hotel staff was nice the room was comfortable. The only thing that I didn't like was that the showerhead did not have another setting. It's down the street from Wal-mart and has a fridge and microwave, so if you have to stay a few nights you are well taken care of. I would stay here again if I have to come back to Durango, CO.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

It's the Comfort Inn. I got exactly what I expected: clean, dependable. It was super quiet (bonus!); we'd booked a room on the top floor. The breakfast was commendable. The pool was creepy. Did they have to put it in a room with one window? A tall, narrow room with one window? Imagine yourself to be a small bug in a bathtub that's in a room with one window and you got it. Other than the pool (and hot tub) it was fine. But for the same price, I'd try one of those old Wild West hotels "downtown" next time. I had booked for convenience to the airport, but downtown is three minutes away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fillmore, Utah
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotels is great front desk Jeaaica and Lexi is very friendly check in is quik and fast Manager Julie is excellent clean room,comforttable bed and hot breakfast. Downtown is very closed recommendations for restaurant in durango.

1 Thank kanti_rakholia