New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Comfort Inn and Suites Durango
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersSilver level
Glendale, Arizona
“Great service, fantastic staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

From the moment we arrived we knew we were in the right place. Ordell and Lexi helped us with our accommodations (though there were only 2 rooms left). Both of them were gracious beyond words. The spa and pool were refreshing and the room was spotless! When we went to the front desk to ask a few more questions - Ordell really helped us navigate the area. I highly recommend this hotel. It is quiet and comfortable. Looking forward to what looks to be an amazing hot breakfast!

• 5 of 5 stars
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and kind compliments to our gracious and caring staff. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our spotless rooms, pool & spa and I have no doubt you enjoyed our wonderful complimentary hot breakfast as well.
We hope you will stay with us again very soon and give us the opportunity to continue to provide you with the outstanding service you received the first time.
Best Regards,
Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Earlville, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a king suite on the first floor, but the weird thing is that the bedroom and bathroom were down a flight of stairs that were located off the kitchen. Good for a family or people traveling together because there are 2 adjoining bedrooms and an extra bathroom. The place was clean, but it was inconvenient to go to the lower level for the bath and sleeping facilities. We didn't take our luggage down there either since we would have to haul it up. We were woken up both days we stayed there by loud thunking noises, this was at 5:00 ,we assumed it was staff getting things ready for breakfast. The basement area outside of the bedroom looks like it is used for storage. I would not recommend the king suite that has a lower level. Breakfast was just very basic.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are glad that you felt the extra large suite you stayed in would be good for a family due to the two bathrooms and bedrooms. We too feel this is an excellent value and perfect room for large families traveling. I am very sorry you felt it was inconvenient to utilize both floors of the suite. We feel that offering a two story suite that has a full kitchen, living room, 2 or 3 bedrooms and two baths is something that few hotels have and guests seem to really enjoy, especially if it is an extended stay.
I also am very sorry your rest was disturbed by whatever noise woke you. We do try very hard to offer a quiet, restful hotel to all of our guests, unfortunately sometimes other guests are not quite as conscientious or thoughtful about this.
We hope that you will visit us again when you are in Durango and perhaps we can offer you a different type of room that may be more to your liking.
sterling heights MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

funny reading the review about being given a key to an occupied room. We checked in amongs total chaos of a bike race, I had about 15 people in front of me in a very slow, moving line. I gave the guy my reservation info, all went well till I tried to enter our 3 rd floor room, keys would not work.
Walking back to the lobby which still had a line, I went to the desk and informed them that the keys did not work. They re-issued my keys, went back up to the room and once again keys did not work.
I once again went to the front desk and informed them that the keys still did not work. I now was accompanied by a young woman who seemed to think I wasn't using them right. Guess what, they didn't work for her either!!
Turned out they were entering the wrong room number on my cards...brilliant!!!
The property is nice and does look fairly new, the elevator worked fine and the wait time was short.

Room Tip: I suggest an upper floor, and towards the back, the hotel is on a very busy highway
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review about your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the confusion with your check in and our key cards not being programmed correctly. As you mentioned, Durango was holding quite a large bicycle race during the time you stayed and with such a large crowd checking in all at once, it became quite confusing. This however, does not excuse the inconvenience you encountered nor the mistakes made by the staff. We have addressed this issue with the entire Front Desk staff and feel quite confident that it has been resolved.
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the situation and hope that you will give us another chance to show you how great our staff can perform. We hope to see you the next time you are in beautiful Durango Colorado.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived on a Friday night without reservation. The girl at the lobby gave me a rate of $139. She was very nice and friendly. We go to our room, the key isn't working at all so I go down and she fixes it. The door opens this time, only to find that it was occupied. Awkward moment... I go down again, she seems confused : "there shouldn't be anyone, she assures me" (well, there's a guy lying on the bed, I answer back). The other clients don't know what to think of it. She tells me there's a problem in the system. It might be that or the fact that she wasn't focused enough while I checked in (pretty chatty), I don't know. I was tired and hungry, I played it cool, mistakes happen but we weren't confident enough to leave our stuff in the room when we went out for dinner.

Besides the weirdest check in ever, the room was huge and clean, especially the bathroom. We only stayed one night so we didn't get to the pool and other facilities. I can't speak for the breakfast, we now avoid them at that kind of hotel, it's not good and we hate plastic dinnerware.

Location is okay, easy access but one needs a car to go to old town.

Given the other hotels and motels on our trip, this one was somewhat an expensive disappointment.

• 3 of 5 stars
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay.
Please let me apologize for the strange check-in you encountered and your disappointment and inconvenience.
This is definitely not the norm for us as you can see from our many reviews. We normally have a very efficient and competent staff that does a great job of providing all our guests with a fast, friendly and precise check-in process.
I am not sure what happened the evening of your check-in, but would like to apologize for the confusion and assure you that we will do everything possible to make certain that accuracy for our guests is one of our top priorities.
We are glad that after the initial issue you found our rooms to be large and clean. I am sorry you did not partake of our complimentary hot breakfast as I am sure you would have found it to have a great variety of hot and cold items to satisfy all.
We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in our area so that we can show you how competent our staff really are.
College Park, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's just what I expected from a Comfort Inn. The hotel staff was nice the room was comfortable. The only thing that I didn't like was that the showerhead did not have another setting. It's down the street from Wal-mart and has a fridge and microwave, so if you have to stay a few nights you are well taken care of. I would stay here again if I have to come back to Durango, CO.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel.
We are so pleased that you found our staff to be nice and our rooms comfortable. I am sorry you were disappointed with our shower heads. We do offer shower heads with a 3-spray massage setting in all our guest rooms. I am very sorry if the settings on yours did not work. I hope you brought this to the attention of our staff so that we could rectify the problem for you right away.
We have an outstanding maintenance staff who are ready to help with any issue.
I am very glad to hear that you will stay with us again if you come back to Durango and we will do all we can to provide you with everything you need to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

It's the Comfort Inn. I got exactly what I expected: clean, dependable. It was super quiet (bonus!); we'd booked a room on the top floor. The breakfast was commendable. The pool was creepy. Did they have to put it in a room with one window? A tall, narrow room with one window? Imagine yourself to be a small bug in a bathtub that's in a room with one window and you got it. Other than the pool (and hot tub) it was fine. But for the same price, I'd try one of those old Wild West hotels "downtown" next time. I had booked for convenience to the airport, but downtown is three minutes away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are very glad you found us to be clean and dependable. We are also glad you found our complimentary hot breakfast to be commendable. I am very sorry you were disappointed in our indoor heated pool and spa room. The room is designed to be very open and can be viewed from the hotel lobby as well as the second floor due to the front consisting of all windows above and 2 large windows that look out into the lobby area below. The back side also has 3 very large windows above to let in lots of sunshine and light. There are some great pictures of our pool room on our website.
We are glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location and hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to beautiful Durango Colorado.
Fillmore, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotels is great front desk Jeaaica and Lexi is very friendly check in is quik and fast Manager Julie is excellent clean room,comforttable bed and hot breakfast. Downtown is very closed recommendations for restaurant in durango.

Room Tip: Stay again
1 Thank kanti_rakholia
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your gracious review of our hotel and staff. Everyone here takes great pride in providing a great stay to each and every one of our guests. We appreciate your praise and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again very soon!