“Nice stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice stay”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Room clean and quiet (even next to elevator)... a bit out of downtown.. but still easy drive to Durango train park. Breakfast was sufficient - had fruit and warm food; the service staff in food area was pleasant; always ice water available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and quiet rooms. Our complimentary hot breakfast is one of our many wonderful amenities and it is very rewarding to hear that our staff is doing such a great job with it.
We hope to have you as our guest again on your next trip to beautiful Durango Colorado.
Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The room price jumped to $149.00 +. Housekeeping had not cleaned the coffee maker from a prior use from some one else. The ice bucket bag appeared to be a trash can liner. The TV guide was for the prior month. If you plan to sleep in, make sure to put the do not disturb sign on the door. They woke me at 7:44am. Minor details that added up to annoying!

• Stayed July 2013
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay.
Please allow me to apologize for any cleanliness issues you may have encountered in your room. We have an outstanding Housekeeping Staff who normally do a fantastic job keeping our hotel spotless as you can see from the many other praising reviews on this site.
So, I am very distressed by your disappointment. I apologize that you did not encounter the high standards by which our staff normally live up to.
Our ice bucket liners are Choice Hotel International mandated and they do resemble a clear plastic liner. Hopefully, you found them to be functional for the purpose they serve.
It is always a good idea to use the Do Not Disturb sign that is provided in your room if you are not requiring service. This prevents our guest's being inconvenienced. Our staff do not clock in or begin their shifts until 8 am any day of the week, so I apologize if someone disturbed you prior to a more convenient and reasonable time.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future to allow us to show you what great service we can really provide.
Pardeeville
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my four night stay at this hotel, the staff was friendly and the room was comfortable. My only complaint is that the pool was too cold for anyone over the age of 12 to swim in. The hot tub, however, was heavenly!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy our indoor pool. We do keep the pool heated at a recommended 82 degrees, however with a body temperature of 98 degrees, sometimes this feels quite cool to some people.
I am glad our hot tub was more to your liking. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future!
Best Regards,
White Mountains, Arizona
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is an amazing value for the price. My wife and I were taking 10 girls to a summer camp and faced the challenge of finding a place to overnight each way. This hotel fit our needs and then some! The 3 bedroom/2 bath family suite was the most ridiculous (in a good way) hotel room I have ever stayed in. Even with 12 of us, this suite was roomy enough for everyone. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, even when I called asking for 12 additional towels late at night. Our hot breakfast was amazing and provided enough variety that everyone was happy! I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again (maybe with not as many children in tow next time)! :)

Room Tip: If traveling with kids and need two adjoining standard rooms, get the family suite instead!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. It sounds like you had a busy, but enjoyable time. I am very glad that our friendly staff were able to accommodate your needs and that our Family Suite was comfortable and roomy for you and your entire party.
I am very glad to hear you will be staying with us again in the future and look forward to serving you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a very nice midlevel hotel just a mile or two outside of downtown Durango. It's located on a highway so not a realistic walk into town.

The staff were friendly and efficient at checkin. The room was immaculately clean and had a fridge and microwave. Wifi is free and works well. The morning breakfast was on the better side of typical hotel breakfasts, and there was even a really nice attendant who made the waffles for me rather than my having to do it myself!

I would easily stay here again if I was in the Durango area another time.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear that you were happy with our clean accommodations and our friendly staff. Our breakfast is one of the many great amenities that attract so many guests and turn them into repeat customers.
We hope that you too will be a repeat guest and look forward to serving you in the future.
Heathsville, Virginia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was fairly large, and very clean. Breakfast had choices like good sausage gravy, and real scrambled eggs. Hot tub was also nice. The staff were very friendly on checking in, even though there was a waiting line. But most important, I left a small computer in the breakfast room, did not miss it until that evening when we were in Montrose. I called and their support staff had turned in the computer - and they asked a few identifying questions to make sure it was mine, then shipped it back to me via UPS. I commend ALL the staff's honesty. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know about your recent stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed all of the services we offer, but as you can see our most valuable asset is our friendly, efficient and honest staff. It is our pleasure to be able to serve and make our guests happy. We thank you sincerely for your recommendation to others and look forward to your next stay with us.
Best Regards,
Windsor, CO
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Spent 3 nights at this hotel. Very friendly staff. Breakfast staff very helpful and pleasent. Breakfast is very good and filling. Close to train and 4 Corners. We have stayed there before about 6 years ago. At that time we had our 10 year old grandson with us. He loved the pool. This time we had friends visiting from Ca and they enjoyed the hotel also. Rooms are very clean. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great review and high recommendations! All of our staff do their very best to make each guest feel welcome and at home. I am glad to hear that everyone enjoyed our wonderful amenities like the delicious hot breakfast and indoor pool. We are so pleased that you are a return guest and hope to continue to provide you with the outstanding service you have experienced.