“A good option to stay”
Review of Days Inn Durango

Days Inn Durango
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We stayed in May for two nights in Durango and were positively surprised.

The hotel is located north of city center and easy to find on the way to Silverton/Ouray.
Even if the first impression was that the appearance was slightly old fashioned the hotel is very good in terms of service, friendliness of staff and offers lots of space in the rooms.
For those who like to swim there is also a small pool, check in advance if it is opened.
If you would like to dine there are plenty of restaurants very close as well as a very good sorted supermarket which is 1/4 of a mile towards Silverton.
Alltogether good service, clean very big rooms with a highly cometitive rate - clearly to be recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Balu07071972
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Durango

Reviewed June 3, 2010

While it looks kind of like Ramada took over an old motel, this really adds to the charm because inside the rooms you get a spacious, clean and well-appointed room. While everything inside the room was excellent, the highlight was the beds - therapeutic Queen beds. Easily the most comfortable bed I've slept on in a while. This is a nice go-to hotel while in Durango.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2009

The Ramada Limited is one of the best values in Durango. I've traveled here for business & pleasure for over 30 years. Durango has some of the most inflated hotel prices in the state of Colorado. This particular Ramada is dated but convenient, clean and modest in cost. The people working there really seem to appreciate your business. You park right outside your room door (which I really like for loading/unloading). The continental breakfast is OK but not great by any means. If you're looking for a decent place that's affordable in Durango, stay here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank PATHRCO7
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We spent our first night at the Stater Hotel in downtown Durango. Oh My God!!! No convenient parking. Forget it if your handicapped. No fridge, no micro, no air. We spent our last 2 nights at the Ramada. It was wonderful. The tempurpedic beds take some getting used to but I slept fine. I could park right outside my door. There was a fridge, micro, wifi. Everything was clean and perfectly fine. The only issues I would have is that the hot tub was quite a walk away. (down two floors) and in the summer, I don't think the air conditioner would help very much.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BinderZoo
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We booked a reservation through Hotwire. We have a son in a wheelchair, and unbeknownst to us, this hotel does not have an elevator. We showed up late on a Saturday night (flat tire) and Gabe at the front desk went way above and beyond to a) find us an alternate hotel to stay at (at least 5 phone calls), b) process a refund to Hotwire so that we could be reimbursed (this took a phone call to the owner - at 10:00 at night!), and c) restore our peace of mind and turn a disastrous start to a vacation into a once again relaxing experience.

I only got a chance to see the lobby - but the hotel appeared clean and inviting. If you want excellent customer service and a nice place at a great price, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I did not enjoy this hotel. I had to throw my shoulder into the door to open it. The passthrough door on my side did not lock. The hotel is in desperate need of updating. The walls were very thin and as a result the entire stay was noisy from neighbors and street noise.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

The rooms are a bit dated, though ours was more up to date than my parents. Our room was very clean, and I thoroughly enjoyed the temperpedic bed.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family