“Great value in Durango”

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Ogden, Utah
“Great value in Durango”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2009

The Ramada Limited is one of the best values in Durango. I've traveled here for business & pleasure for over 30 years. Durango has some of the most inflated hotel prices in the state of Colorado. This particular Ramada is dated but convenient, clean and modest in cost. The people working there really seem to appreciate your business. You park right outside your room door (which I really like for loading/unloading). The continental breakfast is OK but not great by any means. If you're looking for a decent place that's affordable in Durango, stay here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank PATHRCO7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

We spent our first night at the Stater Hotel in downtown Durango. Oh My God!!! No convenient parking. Forget it if your handicapped. No fridge, no micro, no air. We spent our last 2 nights at the Ramada. It was wonderful. The tempurpedic beds take some getting used to but I slept fine. I could park right outside my door. There was a fridge, micro, wifi. Everything was clean and perfectly fine. The only issues I would have is that the hot tub was quite a walk away. (down two floors) and in the summer, I don't think the air conditioner would help very much.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BinderZoo
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

We booked a reservation through Hotwire. We have a son in a wheelchair, and unbeknownst to us, this hotel does not have an elevator. We showed up late on a Saturday night (flat tire) and Gabe at the front desk went way above and beyond to a) find us an alternate hotel to stay at (at least 5 phone calls), b) process a refund to Hotwire so that we could be reimbursed (this took a phone call to the owner - at 10:00 at night!), and c) restore our peace of mind and turn a disastrous start to a vacation into a once again relaxing experience.

I only got a chance to see the lobby - but the hotel appeared clean and inviting. If you want excellent customer service and a nice place at a great price, this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Denver, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

I did not enjoy this hotel. I had to throw my shoulder into the door to open it. The passthrough door on my side did not lock. The hotel is in desperate need of updating. The walls were very thin and as a result the entire stay was noisy from neighbors and street noise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Durango hotels

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

The rooms are a bit dated, though ours was more up to date than my parents. Our room was very clean, and I thoroughly enjoyed the temperpedic bed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank fhansen
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

Nice room. Excellent continental breakfast in reception - still well stocked when we went after 9 am. Good price on their internet site. Comfortable beds. We ate at "Mama's Boy" an italian restaurant about 10 minutes walk to left as you leave the hotel (Cross the road at the lights - quite a busy wide road). Nice meal there with good service.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wadewade
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

From the outside it looks a little suspect. I mean, everyone "wants" to stay at a nice brand new hotel, and wont take less. This hotel looks a little dated, but don't let that stop you. The staff was very nice and very quick to get us into a room and very eager to help with any of our questions. The room was spacious and clean and the desk manager got us into a 1st level room so we wouldn't have to climb stairs. And everything in the room was in good working order. My only complaint was the beds - not that they were bad or anything - they were Tempurpedic beds and I was just not used to them. I'm sure to others who had slept in them before, they would have been wonderful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple