New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Durango
Frederick, Maryland
“Great stay for train”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had a two room suite which had plenty of room. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very good and the evening meal/snack was nice. My only complaint is that I wish that the staff would turn on the ice maker in the refrigerator before arrival.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. The complimentary drinks and snacks in the evening were such a nice addition that really made this stay above exemplary! The breakfast was spectacular: breakfast burritos, eggs, potatoes, waffles, fruit, donuts, oatmeal, yogurt and excellent coffee.

Room was very clean and even the pull out bed was comfortable.

The hotel was located a bit outside of town, and we had a bit of trouble finding it, but once we were there, it was great! The free wifi was a bit slow, but the paid wifi probably would have been faster.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anjolenna L
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at dozens of Residence Inns all over the country.

As a Residence Inn goes, it's a basic no frills property. Everything you expect is here, with none of the cool upgrades you see at some properties.

However, the WiFi is HORRIBLE, the worst I've had in years. Don't plan on getting any work done here... (Maybe they slow down the internet so you CAN'T work - this is supposed to be vacation, no?)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MrDfromSoCal
David S, General Manager at Residence Inn Durango, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Please accept my apology for any inconvenience your had on your recent stay.
As a valued guest, we strive to ensure that your stay is hassle free. We are looking
into the performance of internet.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family and I spent one night in Durango on our way to a wedding in Albuquerque. Of the three hotels we stayed at on the trip this one was our favorite due to spacious layout. The room was clean and very well appointed (lots of outlets for our many many devices!). We also loved the pool and breakfast was delicious. Definitely a solid choice for a stay in Durango.

Room Tip: This hotel seems well insulated and very nicely laid out. I don't think you can go too wrong any...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here two nights over July 4th weekend for our ride on the Durango Silverton Train. It is located just a few minutes outside of downtown, which was nice. By happenstance, the fireworks were shot off from behind the hotel, so it was easy to view them from the front lawn. It only took us about 5 minutes to get to the train depot the next morning. In hindsight, we could have walked from the hotel to the train depot in probably 10 or 15 minutes and saved the $7 parking fee.

Our room was a 1 bed room suite. It was clean and surprisingly quiet for a first floor room. It had a mid sized fridge (not the small under the counter ones) with a freezer. This was handy to refreeze our ice packs. The hotel offers complementary grocery shopping which we did not take advantage of since we only stayed two nights. The kitchen is complete with plates, utensils, glasses, pans, corkscrew, etc.

The hot breakfast was great. It offered standard Marriott items, plus something a little different both days we were there. All the staff that we interacted with were friendly and helpful, but I have to say the 2 staff members working the breakfast were super friendly making sure everyone was satisfied and had what they needed.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I took my family here for a weekend in April while I had a conference in Durango. The free breakfasts were wonderful. The pool is big for a property like this, and the jacuzzi was great. Convenient computer services if you need to do some work. You could walk to downtown Durango in 5 or 10 minutes (2 minutes in a car). Great staff. Great value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey S
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had to made a quick business trip up for the weekend of Easter. Got in late to a clean & cozy 2 room suite which was needed after a long road trip from AZ. In the am we went down for breakfast and came across different employees. We noticed how friendly everyone was from the maintenance man, the housekeepers, the kitchen staff and the young lady at the front desk. But they blew me away on Sunday, when we had already driven into AZ and I noticed I did not have my wedding ring on. We pulled off the highway went through all our bags and found no ring. Crying I called the hotel and the young lady comforted me and told me the ring was in their safe, it had been turned in by the laundry staff. I am forever grateful!!! I am already wearing my ring they mailed it the very next day!!! Thank you so very much!!! I am truly impressed with the goodness of the staff. I have shared this story with many people and they can't believe I got it back. You all restored my faith that they are still good people in this bad world. Thank you Thank you and Bless you all

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business