“Great weekend stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Parker, Colorado
“Great weekend stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here two nights over July 4th weekend for our ride on the Durango Silverton Train. It is located just a few minutes outside of downtown, which was nice. By happenstance, the fireworks were shot off from behind the hotel, so it was easy to view them from the front lawn. It only took us about 5 minutes to get to the train depot the next morning. In hindsight, we could have walked from the hotel to the train depot in probably 10 or 15 minutes and saved the $7 parking fee.

Our room was a 1 bed room suite. It was clean and surprisingly quiet for a first floor room. It had a mid sized fridge (not the small under the counter ones) with a freezer. This was handy to refreeze our ice packs. The hotel offers complementary grocery shopping which we did not take advantage of since we only stayed two nights. The kitchen is complete with plates, utensils, glasses, pans, corkscrew, etc.

The hot breakfast was great. It offered standard Marriott items, plus something a little different both days we were there. All the staff that we interacted with were friendly and helpful, but I have to say the 2 staff members working the breakfast were super friendly making sure everyone was satisfied and had what they needed.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I took my family here for a weekend in April while I had a conference in Durango. The free breakfasts were wonderful. The pool is big for a property like this, and the jacuzzi was great. Convenient computer services if you need to do some work. You could walk to downtown Durango in 5 or 10 minutes (2 minutes in a car). Great staff. Great value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey S
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had to made a quick business trip up for the weekend of Easter. Got in late to a clean & cozy 2 room suite which was needed after a long road trip from AZ. In the am we went down for breakfast and came across different employees. We noticed how friendly everyone was from the maintenance man, the housekeepers, the kitchen staff and the young lady at the front desk. But they blew me away on Sunday, when we had already driven into AZ and I noticed I did not have my wedding ring on. We pulled off the highway went through all our bags and found no ring. Crying I called the hotel and the young lady comforted me and told me the ring was in their safe, it had been turned in by the laundry staff. I am forever grateful!!! I am already wearing my ring they mailed it the very next day!!! Thank you so very much!!! I am truly impressed with the goodness of the staff. I have shared this story with many people and they can't believe I got it back. You all restored my faith that they are still good people in this bad world. Thank you Thank you and Bless you all

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 92Thankful
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had reserved four nights at this hotel but due to my daughter's death, we were only to spend two nights. We had a two-bedroom suite. Nice sized kitchen and living area. Bedrooms and bath very roomy. Would recommend this as a place to stay in Durango.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Was able to make same day reservations. Stayed in a King room with a working kitchen. Very comfortable living room furniture. Free breakfast offering with lots of variety. Friendly and helpful front desk attendant.

Room Tip: If you are staying for awhile a suite w/a kitchen is for you.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was located near downtown but set back enough from the highway that noise was not a problem for us. It is also on the road that leads to Mesa Verde (about a 40 min drive). The room was clean; beds comfortable; linens and towels not worn. Breakfast was very good. Employees were all kind and helpful. Only drawback was the shower head, which was below 6', so a bit of an issue if one is quite tall.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank TravelMom4976
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I can't think of anything negative to say - we had everything we needed. Had a great night's sleep in a roomy one bedroom suite that was neat and clean. In addition to that, we showed up a little bit early for check-in, however the staff at the desk were very accomodating and got us into a room anyway. Thank you so much!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends