“Great Hotel in a Great Town”

Residence Inn Durango
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was certainly not my first stay at a Residence Inn, but it was clearly my best Residence Inn experience.

Rooms are what you would expect. ( I have yet to have a bad room at a Residence Inn.) What you need to know is that the staff at the hotel will treat you like family. Although it's a self serve breakfast bar, the crew is quick to clear your plate and restock everything. Not once in five days did I encounter an empty serving dish, dried up food or a frown. Additionally, the folks that serve you are happy to share their vast knowledge of the local area. The front desk is equally friendly and helpful.

I loved the location and the outdoor basketball court was a bonus for our 13 year old son.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mjbfamily
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Durango

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here one night after renting a home on the river for a week for just a little more. Plus-rooms clean, Internet worked well, breakfast staff excellent. But... Air conditioner was loud, did not ventilate well. Front desk service was average. Not a good location (a good walk to river or town), no view. Overpriced for what you get. Just kind of blah. Staying more than a few days? Check out leasing from private owners, lots to chose from for around the same money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary P
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have stayed at this Residence Inn in Durango a couple of times in the past, and it has been recently renovated so carpeting, etc. is new. Very good location, even though it's off the main drag. Clean property with friendly staff. My biggest complaint isn't really against this property - it's just that it's really expensive -- but we knew that and made the reservation anyway - that's how bad we wanted to stay in Durango. The only other hotel I'd consider is the Doubletree, but I don't know if it's been recently renovated - and if not, it's an older property. We enjoyed the stay - had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite, which is part of the reason for the expense - had the pool to ourselves Sunday morning. The complimentary breakfast helps defray the cost, and the selection and quality of food is pretty good, with very attentive staff. So Residence Inn, if you could just bring your rates down by about $100, you'd still be expensive but more in the range of what someone should pay for a hotel in a small southern Colorado town. Durango is charming and usually filled with tourists, but it doesn't feel rowdy even at its busiest. I'd stay again but would want to try to catch a deal on the rate if at all possible. Only "problem" I had (other than paying out the wazzoo) was a small group of kids who were racing through the halls Saturday night well after 10pm -- but all I had to do was ask them to stop, and fortunately they did.

Room Tip: again, price is nuts, but a 2 bed 2 bath is quite spacious and well laid-out
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gulfcoaster3
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great place to stay while you are in Durango area. Quiet and clean. Front desk receptive. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite when we were touring Mesa Verde and Silverton. Everything was perfect. Free breakfast outstanding. Would stay here anytime I was in Durango.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We love Durango and have stayed at this hotel before and returned because we were pleased with a previous experience. This time we were again pleased with the hotel. It is clean and updated. The reason I only gave it a 3 for overall rating is because of the Manager. We had made a reservation online and had "requested" early check-in (which I realize is ONLY a request) so when we arrived at 1:00 we were hoping our 1 Bedroom would be available. We were informed it would not be ready until normal check-in time which was at 3:00. When I asked about my early check-in request, the manager came out of the office immediately to abruptly let me know that request was PURELY a REQUEST and not guaranteed. I was surprised at his harshness thinking there were many other ways he could have been more gentle with his response. I had not been demanding, just inquisitive. A simple, "We will work very hard to try an honor your request as soon as possible" would have sufficed.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the back side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank OKDianne
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have stayed at Residence Inn many times when I am in Durango. I usually get a small suite and find it to be very spacious and clean. The staff at the front desk are very helpful and friendly. The location is great, just outside town but within easy walking distance to downtown. The prices vary from season to season but I still find this to be a very affordable place to stay.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JBL1150
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here 7-12-12. We stayed in a king suite that was very spacious and nice. We were on the 2nd floor, very quiet. Loved the kitchen features. Great bed, very comfortable-best sleep we had on vacation!!! Had drinks and appetizers at 5:30, the staff was super friendly and very accommodating. The breakfast was better than most hotels, again with a terrific staff constantly making sure the breakfast foods were refilled and available. Very friendly staff, always saying "hi" and making sure we were comfortable. May sound silly, but the towels were nice. Not sandpapery, but soft and fluffy. If in Durango, definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple