WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Super 8 Durango

Super 8 Durango
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Lincoln
“Still needs a lot of work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Unknown to us, a bike rally was in Durango the weekend we decided to go and the only place we found the first night was at Super 8. I've stayed at Super 8's before and most times it is fine, but this one needs a lot of work. They have started updating, but still need improvements. I had no problem with check in but had to wait for the person in front of me and the clerk didn't seem to know a whole lot. The keys she gave him didn't work as he came back down while I was checking in and her response was the door just might not work at all. And proceeds to tell me they have had trouble with that room. Then my key worked once and next time I tried didn't work anymore. The beds were fine but the pillows were flat. I went to see about additional pillows and was told they were out. Everyone was asking for a pillow - maybe that's a clue? It was quiet on the top floor. Hopefully if they get done with all the updates the place will be better and if you just need to sleep somewhere for a little bit it's okay.

Room Tip: There is only one restaurant close to this place. All the other hotels are on the other end of town...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Durango, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear DandiNebraska,

Than you for taking time from your busy schedule to review Super 8 Durango. I am so sorry to hear you did not have great experience while staying with us. Since your stay with us, we are done with our renovation project that included, brand new carpet, furniture, lights, tv and beds on all the rooms.

Sometimes when the keys are kept next to cell phones or credit card the keys get demagnetized and would require to be reprogrammed, we will emphasize our front desk to make sure the information is communicated to the guest.

We hope to see you again in near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Heber Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was the worst hotel I have been in. Expected a lot more, but boy, was I wrong. It STUNK!! and the air felt very heavy and stale. Worst coffee I have ever tried to drink in my life and paid WAY too much for the one night we stayed.
I won't return, I would rather sleep on the side of the road.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Durango hotels

Durango
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

It was quiet, the newly remodeled rooms are nice except you need better pillows. When I went to the front desk to ask for additional pillows I was told everyone was asking for additional pillows and there no more left. That should tell you something.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Lori D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Super 8 in Durango, Colorado is a very nice place to stay the night. VERY FRIENDLY hotel staff and very willing to help any way they can. Spacious, clean , comfortable room with snacks waiting for you inside! The only thing that could have been better is a bigger breakfast dining room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business