“Thanks for a pleasant stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Durango

Super 8 Durango
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Austin, Texas
“Thanks for a pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this motel recently! The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I really did enjoy the waffles at breakfast! I was surprised at how large the room was and the hallways are huge! I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Montclair, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I choose this motel because of the price and it was what I expected. It was a little hard to find from the road even as I saw it when I went by on the highway. I had to backtrack a little on an access road. The folks were nice, but not overly friendly. My rooms was bigger than I thought it would be, and it was dated but clean. The bedspread was oldish, but I just dump that on the floor anyhow. The sheets and blanket looked pretty new.

I guess it had what I needed (comfy bed, hot shower, internet) at a price under $100...which was pretty good for Durango in the summer. Cheaper would have been better, but what the hey!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the road...there is a nice view and the motel is in an office park s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
fortville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We went out of our way to go to this motel because of the wonderful experiences of our last stay.
What HAPPENED --- all of the fun and friendly staff have been replaced with frowning and not so intelligent workers. Very aloof Cheryl is still there and so is half friendly Mikayla but where did they get these others.The idiot at the front desk called our room at 11:30 pm and woke my wife up to ask if we were making noise in the room ! Made it really hard to go back to sleep as I was really upset especially after I had a little talk with him. The rooms were very clean and neat , we had a room on the second floor with a view out front , real nice.It seems as though the staff does an excellent job of cleaning the rooms ,but it never occured to anyone to clean the pet hair out of the hallways and off of the stairs. We will probably look for another place to stay on our next trip to Durango

Room Tip: The second floor rooms seem cleaner than the first floor rooms. third floor rooms are for smokers
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kenny c
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were placed in a non-smoking room, but the whole floor reeked like smoke. It was dingy, poorly taken care of and smelled like an old bar. We requested to be moved to a different floor but was told they could do nothing since we booked with a third party. It was so bad we ended up leaving going to a different hotel and we are still fighting for a refund. We have stayed in several Super 8 hotels and this is by far the worst! Very poor quality and unless you are a smoker and don’t care about the condition of the hotel and strongly encourage you to stay someone else!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Durango hotels

Rapid City, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here our first night in Durango, then went to Silverton for two nights an came back here for our fourth night. It was worth returning, average price, nice people, an decent clean rooms. I would stay here again if needed.

Room Tip: If you're worried about what your room will look like, ask them to see a room an if its ok with...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Lots of brown panelled walls and odd coloured carpets. Bathroom door was broken. But the room did what it was supposed to - a good night sleep, fair breakfast and a fair price.
Walking distance to a few decent restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank margoworldtraveller
Fredericksburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed at the Durango Super 8. Reasonable price, clean, courteous staff, accepted our dog - I would recommend this Super 8 to anyone. We stayed at 3 Super 8's on our trip and the one in Bloomfield even let us check in very early as I had business to conduct on my laptop.

Room Tip: This hotel is about 1.5 miles from the Durango & Silverton train and downtown.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple