“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pleasant Hill, California
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here while visiting family in Durango. No issues with online reservation. I was upgraded with no reason to a larger room so no complaints about that at all. Staff was friendly and helpful with directions. My stay was quiet and enjoyable. Bed was very comfy and obviously clean since all the bedding including the comforter were bright white. Would recommend this Hampton to anyone.

Room Tip: I always try and stay on top floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived very early at the Hotel for our three day stay in Durango. Chantel, the Receptionist was very gracious and most helpfull in getting us into a room at that time. The Hotel has a great on-site laundry (two washers and two dryers) so we managed to get caught up with eight days of laundry in a short period of time. Our room had been recently remodeled and was super clean. Bedding was very comfortable. The facility is going through a total make-over and will be state of the art when completed, very clean considering. We have stayed in many Hampton Inns, this one is exceptional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently spent one night in this hotel on our way to the Grand Canyon and we were very pleased. We frequently stay in a Hampton Inn and we found this one to be exceptional. The customer service was excellent and the room was super clean. The bedding was extremely comfortable including the pillows. The warm cookies when we arrived and the breakfast in the morning were delightful. The breakfast has enough variety to satisfy a variety of taste palates. We were very impressed with the comfort of this reasonably priced hotel and consider it a great value. We did not use the fitness center.

Grangeville, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ok granted it was fine, but I wasn't as thrilled as other ratings. In fact I changed to another hotel.

Yes they are remodeling so I expected some of that. But when I got to the third floor I thought humn they must have not remodeled up here but I overheard staff say the rooms had already been redone. The carpet in the hall looks like a clown decorated. The good: yes the staff were very nice and good about anything you asked, Beds comfortable. Clean rooms. The bad: on the very north end of town so a very long way from the main town, shopping and restarurants; small bathroom with items under the sick so you must bend over to get them, fan continually runs in bathroom with the bright light on; elevator very slow. I am a frequent guest and almost always given a welcome "gift" of at least a bottle of water - nothing here. they do not allow government rate so I was paying the difference out of my own pocket.

Switched to Best Western Rio Grande - check out that rating

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
CampK9, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Durango, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Whitewolf we really appreciate you taking the time to review the Durango Hampton Inn. As stated we are on the North end of town but would like to remind the readers of this review that we are only 2.5 miles from the Historic Downtown Area and a short “free” trolley ride away. If you prefer to drive, it usually takes about 4 minutes to get downtown and park. This time of year the parking is not usually a problem. The advantage to the north end of town is the mountain views, the lack of train noise and coal smoke, and easy access to Durango Mountain Resort, the river trail and Fort Lewis College.

As we are disappointed that you did not like the choice in the décor of our recent remodel, we are glad that we can all agree that when looking for lodging, that customer service and clean rooms are the most important qualities. We are happy that you found our hotel accommodated those needs.
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Wow, did not expect this! We were blown away with the customer service and friendliness! We traveled between 9-10 hours and were exhausted. We were greated with cookies and helpful staff! I looked around as they were remodeling and did not see a speck of dust and everything was tarped and taped. This was never a problem with our 2 day stay. No noise, no nothing. We got up to our room and were stunned to find local brand soda, chips, and salsa waiting on the table. They must of ask me if this was a special occasion. Kudos to the staff! Our room was quite, clean; breakfast was fantastic and the staff lady was on the ball! I highly recommend this place and infact Hampton has gained a loyal customer! I cannot say enough about this place and staff!

Room Tip: Ask for third floor. Breakfast was very impressive. Any q's ask front desk!
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went 60 miles out of our way to stay at the Durango Hampton Inn and were happy we did! The rooms are so fresh and appealing, we love the clean duvet and soft sheets. I understand the Inn was remodeled Winter '11-'12 and it shows! I really, really want to go home and decorate my bedroom in the same chic and intelligent design. If I can't find those bedside table lamps somewhere on-line, I am going to be really disappointed.

While we were here the lobby was still being remodeled, but the front desk staff was incredibly helpful and humorous and directed me to Room 125 as their temporary Business Center.

One a special note, as my husband and I were leaving this morning to visit Mesa Verde, I asked the front desk staff to replace the electrical socket in the bathroom and please turn down the contrast of the Bright! White! TV and both were done by the time we returned this afternoon. This Hampton is fantastic!

P.S. If you want a firm mattress, this is your place. Me, I want a little cushier...

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had a problem and the GM (Julianne) took care of it right away. She is a great person to work with and a great asset to this property. Rooms are clean and new... better that 90% of all of the Hilton properties that I have stayed at over the last several years. I highly recommend this property if you are in Durango, Co.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family