“Nice and Pleasant”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pflugerville, Texas
“Nice and Pleasant”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stay at this hotel for one night room was very clean and hotel staff was great and friendly. Had a good complimentary breakfast. Would recommend and definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I booked this hotel because the reviews on Trip Advisor seemed strong. However, the experience has been average. It is an okay room to spend a night in on a road trip--which is what we are doing. However, the pictures online do not accurately reflect the lobby, in particular. If you look at the pictures and think that the lobby will be a spacious place to relax, it isn't. The ceilings are average height and, in some places near the registration desk, the ceiling felt so low, I thought i could touch it. The rooms are clean, but small. Ours unfortunately has a view of a wall and is right around the corner from the elevator so this morning it was my alarm clock--and it is still going and i can't turn it off! As a silver member of the Hilton loyalty club, I thought i would get a slightly better view!
All in all, not bad, but glad we are only staying one night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I travel throughout Colorado on business. I try to stay at a Hampton Inn when possible as I typically feel I am getting the best hotel for my money. This hotel, in Durango, was the most expensive Hampton Inn I have stayed in to date. I would follow this up by saying it was probably one of the lower quality Hampton Inns as well. I realize I was mainly due to location. The room felt clean, but if also felt dated. I was given a handicap accessible room so my bed was lower than usual which was actually more difficult for me. The continental breakfast was standard for Hampton Inn. I missed the little "shop" they usually have where I would charge a bottle of water to my room. This one only had vending machines which is inconvenient in my opinion. Parking is good. The lobby furniture felt older and worn. I will say that although I knew it was a full hotel, it was very quiet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
CampK9, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Durango, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
We are sorry that your experience with us was not up to your standards. It is very uncommon for us to book someone into a handicap accessible room unless the guest requested it or it was the only room left available. The beds are lowered to help make it easier for people confined to a wheelchair transfer to the bed.

During the busy tourist season we strongly encourage people to book your room stays in advance, especially if you have a special room request. We understand that people have preferences for room location, access and views, but please understand that we are limited to what rooms are available based on occupancy.

Summers in Durango are very busy. It is common to come to town and not find one hotel room available in the area unless advanced reservations were made. It is also important to compare us to other hotels in the area. I think you will find that we are priced cometitively and have a lot to offer.

Remember that we also offer all day access to coffee and tea in the lobby and if you have a special request please ask the front desk staff. I'm sure our staff would have been more then happy to provide you with a bottle of water.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 15, 2011

After backpacking 5 days and 4 nights in the Weminuche Wilderness, we treated ourselves to a hotel room in Durango. (We needed it!)
We booked online using our Hilton Honors points..the process was seamless. The staff at the front desk was welcoming. Our room was clean and appointed with everything we could possibly need. (Flat screen TV too!)
Our room was backed up to some townhouses, but we didnt mind, we were not there for a view.
There was a free breakfast in the morning and I was pleasantly surprised! There was a waffle iron, toaster, fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, a selection of cereals, oatmeal, juices, coffee, scrambles eggs, sausage, potatoes, bagels, and it was good. The gentleman that was taking care of the breakfast area was so nice. He kept a watchful eye on the food and replenished items when they were running low. He even helped some folks with the operation of the toaster and waffle iron. We chatted with him (I wish I would have asked his name) and he made us feel so welcome.
This was a great experience and we will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you were able to treat yourselves to our hotel and had a great experience. After 5 days of backpacking, just a simple shower can seem like the biggest luxury. The gentleman working in the breakfast area is Rafeno. He has worked at the hotel for many years and took over servicing the breakfast area a couple years ago. He is amazing and we are very lucky to have him working with us. We are very proud of him and the rest of the staff for making every effort in making all our guests feel welcome and comfortable.
Champaign
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Hampton Inns are always my first choice in travel, and that preference was again confirmed with the Hampton Inn Durango. The spotlessly clean rooms, unbeatably comfortable beds, and best breakfast anywhere is what I hope to receive, and what we DID receive. Hotel is on Durango's free Trolley line that takes you to the heart of the historic district with its many restaurants and shops in just 10 minutes. Trolleys come every 20 minutes; trust me - taking the trolley will be easier than parking.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and found it to be a pleasant place to stay. This was my second visit to the hotel, and I enjoyed the free breakfast. This hotel gives a vibe of being a little older, it could be the decor. I stayed on the 2nd floor and I could hear the people in the room above me. I don't know if they were heavy walkers, or if the room just needed more sound-proofing. This was the only downside to the visit.

This hotel is located away from downtown and is not walking distance to downtown. A rental car (or your own car) is helpful to have when staying at this location.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather M
CampK9, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Durango, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
We would like to thank you for once again choosing the Hampton Inn for your stay in Durango. We hope you noticed the improved breakfast menu and the addition of hot items since you last stayed with us. We welcome the fact that you were willing to write a review of our hotel for a second time. It is through these comments that we best learn about the needs of the people who stay with us.

It was noted that we are not located in the Historic Downtown area, but rather on the north end of town. Although we are not within walking distance for most people, we are within walking distance to the River Trail that does run the entire length of town. It offers access to the state of the art recreational center and the "new" award winning library. For those wanting to avoid the hassles and cost of parking downtown, a free trolley is offered, with the trolley stop right outside our front door. Its a perfect way to ride the Durango/Silveron Train and avoid the high cost of Downtown parking.

Although we will be changing our decor in the near future, it must be noted that we are very conscious of maintaining the look of our western town and wish to offer something other then a cookie cutter product and lodging experience.

On your next visit, make sure to take advantage of the "Breakfast on the Go", freshly baked cookies in the evening and all day access to coffee and tea.
Cedaredge
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I wad surprised by the cleanliness of the room and also by the way the staff made me feel at home. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2011