1,813 results
All reviews animas river double tree river view cookies grocery store nice hotel breakfast buffet within walking distance parking lot main street train station in town nice room restaurants and shops downtown area great place to stay would definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2019

My family and I took a vacation to Durango in order to go skiing at Purgatory Ski Resort. I have worked for Hilton for 8 years now, and this hotel went above and beyond for my family and I. We had three rooms and they were able to accommodate us with different room types and upgraded my room to a double queen room with a balcony facing the river. It was absolutely breathtaking and I really appreciated it! The room was very clean, so was the hotel. The staff was also all very nice and friendly! I would like to acknowledge Heidi in the restaurant and Micki at the front desk. Heidi remembered us in the restaurant and made our experience personal and really made us feel welcome! Micki went above and beyond and offered to return a helmet for us after her shift so we didn't have to drive in a different direction when we left the hotel. These two employees represent Hilton remarkably. Also, the food in the restaurant was AMAZING! I've never stayed at a property with such awesome service and food. I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the consistency from breakfast to dinner every single day. We chose to eat at the restaurant the last two nights instead of going out because it was that good! Thank you soo much for an amazing stay!! We will definitely be back!

Room tip: River view with a balcony is amazing and definitely worth it!
1  Thank kelsiclarke
Reviewed March 17, 2019

Great place to stay. Will definitely stay there again. Liked having the balcony and river behind the room. Was nice for that hot cup of coffee in the morning, or while reading a book. Hotel staff were wonderful!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Zach B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Durango, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Dear Vacation52872323291,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Doubletree by Hilton Durango! We can't wait to host you again when your travels bring you back to the area and I am so glad you were able to experience one of our AMAZING Riverview rooms and enjoyed coffee on the balcony with views of the scenic Animas River in downtown Durango!

Reviewed March 10, 2019

I have stayed her multiple times (30+) over the past 15 years. DT is unequivocally the best overall hotel experience in Durango. The rooms are impeccably mainained and the staff is very helpful--you won't go wrong. And they will give you an extra cookie or two if you're nice!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Zach B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Durango, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Dear TalonFritz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Doubletree by Hilton Durango! I am thrilled to hear that we continue to take care of you over the last 15 years and want to thank you for your loyalty to the award winning Doubletree by Hilton Durango as we know you have plenty of choices to chose from in Durango. Our team members work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of the property and I look forward to sharing with them your feedback. I am also glad to hear that the staff continues to take great care of you throughout the years and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed March 7, 2019

We had a great stay. Friendly staff, great view of river and quiet. Our friends had a room overlooking parking lot and snow plows woke them up at 4 in the morning. So ask for a room on the river side. We were in 434.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Michael E,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Doubletree by Hilton Durango! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed a quiet restful stay with a fiver view room! I apologize for your friends being awoken by our snow plow. We are very proactive in clearing our lot so our guests can to the airport and or up to the ski resort to make the most of their day/stay. We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed March 5, 2019

Great location adjacent to the Albertson's grocery and only a block to downtown Durango. Lovely room with view of river. Had the Allergy Clean room. Beds were comfortable and the heat worked well in March. We turned it down to sleep more comfortably at night. Microwave, mini fridge and plenty of room. We used the hot tub and it was HOT after a day of skiing. Loved the cookies at check in and check out too! Room service expensive but expected. What wasn't expected was the $10 a night charge for parking in their lot (uncovered).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Zach B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Durango, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2019

Dear RebeccaK664,

Thank you for your review of the Doubletree by Hilton Durango! I was glad to hear you enjoyed relaxing in our hot tub after a day of skiing and enjoyed the hotel's location as the only river front property in downtown Durango convenient to shopping, dining and the train. Due to our location we do charge for parking and I apologize that this was not mentioned prior to your bill. Our Doubletree cookies are the best and I am glad you enjoyed your room service meal. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon when your travels bring you back to the area.