. . . until you learn what we learned the hard way. Here is what you need to know:
1. Your beds may or may not have a blanket in between the sheet and the very heavy quilt; If you need a blanket, order it early . . . we waited an hour.
2. Have the technician put your climate control into Farenheit and VIP mode; the default mode is set to turn the entire system off when the motion sensor senses no motion (like when you go to bed).
3. To access their WiFi system, select "hhonors" as your network. Launch a browser, check the VPN checkbox on the DoubleTree welcome screen, then hit the connect button. Since the VPN box has to be checked, you'd think that the DoubleTree would have known and set it correctly (default) on their own access web page.
4. Don't eat in the dining room. The food aspires to be mediocre, but falls short. The servers are oblivious to the requirements of a pleasant dining experience. My wife and I were the first group for dinner and we were given a nice table overlooking the river. The second group to arrive was a loud party of four which was seated at the very next table (in an otherwise empty dining room. There went our dinner conversation. There are many better places to eat in Durango (see TripAdvisor:restaurants).
5. Eat the warm cookie immediately-it turns into a crispy critter very quickly.
The DoubleTree is a beautiful facility handily located on the Animas river walk. But, as has been said, the devil is in the details. Don't stay here the first time . . .your second stay should go more smoothly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Low-rise Hotel set on the banks of Animas River at Highways 160 & 550; convenient to Fort Lewis College & tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Durango reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Durango
- Durango Doubletree