“Location, Location, Location”

Durango Downtown Inn
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great location to river, downtown and grocery store across the street. Carpet is dirty but nothing a pair of flip flops can't handle and the bed are hard. Who wants to spend time in your room when you can be out in such beautiful county?! Would consider staying again if the basics were all I was after.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Durango Downtown Inn

Reviewed July 25, 2012

At $150 a neither this was a rip off. Carpet was so stained I was afraid to walk on it. They told us it was a newly renovated room yet the mattresses were showing w/o even a skirt to cover them. I guess I expected a lot more for the price. Plastic wrapped glasses and I chair that was nasty looking and not something u wanted to sit in. UGH

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Yuck - rooms are small and completely overpriced. Beds are doubles not even queen sized, no soap or shampoo, and towels the size of hand towels. Bathrooms have no fans and the temperatures are freezing or off, The pool is terrible and noise horrible. GO ELSEWHERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Tis was the worst hotel experience we have ever had,and we've stayed in ALOT of hotels.The room itself was ok.One night we were awakened at 12:30 by a group of very loud,drunk partying kids.After 2 hours of listening to this I stuck my head out the door to yell at them.The night clerk was standing there and I asked if she had called the police.She was not all that careing or concerned or apologetic.All of this went on until 6:00 in the morning.The front desk offered a 10 percent discount for our trouble,big deal!We also had a really rude maid.Will not return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hermie54
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have stayed at this inn twice before and had a decent but not especially great stay. Just another OK inn with nice people working there. This time however I was stunned at my bad experience. I drove there alone from Colorado Springs on business, 6 hours away on a Thursday. First, when I checked in with no advance reservation I was politely but firmly told that since I was getting the last room in the inn they would not honor either my AAA or my AARP card. I said that I did not believe that was ethical and she replied that's the rule. Then when I walked into my NON smoking room I was greeted with a very strong cigarette smoke smell as if it was a smoking room. My sinuses swelled up during my sleep and I never got any rest. So I paid $205 for a terrible room. It was (besides the smoke smell) clean and the bathroom and flat screen satellite TV was very nice, but it stunk bad. When I checked out in the morning I calmly told both front desk employees (in response to their question of how was my stay) about the bad smoke smell in the non smoking room and how it had affected my sinuses. One replied verbatim; "It was probably from an employee taking a smoke break." The other employee politely just quietly said: "Sorry". They offered no accommodation for the misrepresented room and my resulting swelled sinuses. The employees were all very polite and the room was well appointed as if it was recently upgraded. I wish I could have had a better experience. My work now takes me to Durango about every six weeks. I will not be staying here again nor can I recommend it when I cannot expect a consistently good experience.I can live with mistakes and not complain because I make them. But the lack of honoring my AAA and AARP cards was purposeful and the smoke intentional by the smoker This is the first bad review I have ever posted.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are away from the traffic and quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank KipColorado
Reviewed July 14, 2012

As a previous reviewer has said, Durango is generally overpriced for lodging. Having said that, I've stayed in multiple hotels/motels here over the years and I would recommend the Downtown Durango Inn as a good choice.. It is basically a clean "Holiday Inn/Comfort Inn" type hotel within walking distance of downtown Durango - the restaurants, bars, and the Durango/Silverton train station.

We had a room which faced the river, which is the most desirable for peace and quiet as it does not face the street.

In general, this hotel is not spectacular, but it does offer a friendly staff, a clean room, and a great location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We chose this hotel for its location - right along the River and within walking distance of town. Our room was fine. Most of the hotels in Durango seem overpriced (including this one). The place was clean and the staff was cordial (but not overly friendly). No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple